Featured Post

LEGO Alternate Builds: Creator, Transformers, Bumblebee , building instructions

  This page contains grouped links to my creations and Transformers made using official LEGO sets

Sunday, September 6, 2026

LEGO 31166 alternate build #005: Hulkbuster aka Iron man armor Marvel MCU

 

The dome parts made me did this!

PROLOGUE

I made my first Hulkbuster made using LEGO set 31152 early last year, and more recently ,  using set 31133 .  


And prior to this project, I have produced 4 Transformers using LEGO set 31166. One of them turned into Dragon Megatron! (video below)




ABOUT PROJECT HULKBUSTER 31166

Just like my previous Hulkbuster projects, this project was  started because I discovered there are many domed pieces or pieces that could form a dome from the set in hand.  


I took inspiration from both Mark 44 and Mark 48 variant of Hulkbuster which were featured heavily in Marvel MCU movies.


The more I looked, the more it gave me a mysterious Samurai vibe.

 


"UNHINGED" MODE




As you can see, the minifigure can be pegged to the cockpit like above. For taller minifigures with bigger hairdo (not you, Marge Simpsons!) , they can be pegged lower on the base of the cockpit (white studs)



Initially the dome was purely a single brown color,  but this makes the mech too bland. Since Hulkbusters has very stern-looking "face" , so I decided to apply a bit of black and tan pieces on the dome.


The literal takeways of this project was that I tried to fill up the gaps on the chest plate with lil pieces near the hinges, but they caused the chest plate to be opened halfway . So I have to take away those pieces.


One of the final-hour enhancement before wrapping this project up was to extend the feet by a stud longer.



There are moments that gave me extra joy, like implementing the arc reactors on his knees. Before this ,again...the lower legs were sleek  but in bland singular color. 



The green heels can be extended to provided maximum stability, if needed.

 

Thrusters deployed !




With Masterpiece Grimlock



using set 31133 .  Hulkbuster









 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...