It's a tank!
RECAP
About 2 months ago, I hit the milestone of building 10 Transformers using LEGO Creator 31161: Medieval Dragon. From those 10, one of my favorite is Dragon Megatron ! (below)
ABOUT PROJECT 31161 TANK
Well, the plan is long delayed actually. Almost a year ago .... I produced tank Transformers using sets of similar size* with 31161, like set 31150, 31129 and 31151. I should've continue this streak with set 31161 but somewhat forgotten about it!
*Sets with piece count of over 600 pieces each,
Most of my LEGO tank Transformers had "lazy" design when it comes to robot arms: They were exposed in tank modes. Initially I applied the same to this project too...
...until one fine day I discovered I can do better.
TRANSFORM!
The whole forearms are concealed inside the tank rear tracks.
Abundance of ball joints allowed rear tank panels to be flexible enough to be shifted over the head to form the chest.
ROBOT MODE
MORE ACTION POSES
VIDEO TUTORIAL
Tutorial doesn't include the robot head and tank turrets. You can build your own custom turrets especially. To get complete building instructions, please click on the link below this video





























No comments:
Post a Comment