Disclaimer: This is NOT a Transformer
PROLOGUE
Just last month, LEGO teased us with the upcoming new Batmobile (from Batman 1989 movie), set 76355 below. By the time you read this, they will be available in stores everywhere.
Actually long before that, I've been planning to build a Transformer Batmobile using LEGO Bumblebee set. What stopped me was the complexity level which still don't have the confidence yet to tackle.
So to jump into the bandwagon of trending official LEGO Batmobile, I decided to start this project!
And oh yes, before this project, I've used LEGO Bumblebee set to build Grimlock (video below)
ABOUT THIS PROJECT
I started this project with a mindset of a Transformer builder. And I no longer able to build a normal LEGO vehicle with ease. It's not a simple as building a vehicle chassis first and then slap more bricks onto them to get desired vehicle shape. That skill is long gone.
The back of the vehicle mode is the hardest to design. I left it hollow for 80% of the projects duration because I was unable to build a curved and conical (not comical) engine, and focused on the rest first.
I don't have a batman minifigure to test drive this baby. Here's a Spidey with afro hair combo to take his place.
ATTACK MODE
This center cannon was actually implemented at the very end of this project. I was ready to wrap this project up with smoothly tiled vehicle hood , but my perfectionism got the better of me once again . urging me to redesign and conceal a weapon there.
This side guns are the first weapon to be built.
The hinged panels were initially applied just to produce the angled look of the vehicle side and nothing more.
Once again I decided to modify these panels to become missile racks for some surface-to-air attack capability!
All weapons deployed!
INTRODUCING ... BAT-DRONE!
While brainstorming ways to fill the hollow gap on the vehicle back, a lightbulb just hit me...... "simply mount a drone there you idiot!" *
*One of the unused idea was (yawns) ... more weapons deployed from the back.
This lil critter do has its own building challenge. Mainly how to make the head bat-like with long ears.
AND FOR MY FINAL TRICK.....
two more cannons extended out from each side. Kick ass huh!
VIDEO
WANT MORE?
Click the link below for more creations I made using set 10338
No comments:
Post a Comment