Featured Post

LEGO Alternate Builds: Creator, Transformers, Bumblebee , building instructions

  This page contains grouped links to my creations and Transformers made using official LEGO sets

Wednesday, September 9, 2026

LEGO 31382 alternate build #003: Transformer The Ark Autobot Shuttle | TUTORIAL

 

It was "something else" when I started this project!

RECAP

I always will try hard to focus building Transformers using the latest LEGO sets for the year. Creator 31382: Playful Puppy is one of them and so far prior to this project , I had produced two Transformers using this set, One of them is below


ABOUT THE ARK

The Ark is an Autobot shuttle from G1 Transformers cartoon series. It appeared at the first episode of the show carrying team Autobots the good guys in space , then ambushed and crash landed on earth, starting the whole Transformer saga/adventures.



In the original G1 cartoon, The Ark did not have a robot mode. Only recently Hasbro released a version of The Ark toy that could transform into a robot !  

I actually made this shuttle before using official LEGO sets, and the best  came from set 31129 (video below)



ABOUT THIS PROJECT (PUPPY ARK /SHUTTLE)

I started this project with one aim... to build a Transformer submarine !  And within a few hours.. it dawned upon me that the more I build.. the sleeker it looked at the front , giving me a strong Autobot Shuttle vibe.   But the back end was a  mess. Time to pivot!!



The shaping is perfect despite the small scale.


And before I truly commit to Ark-ify my project, I noticed that there are some rounded plates for me to use as the thrusters !  



The green bar shown is not just for aesthetic purpose.



 


TRANSFORM!




Detach both halves of the shuttle to form legs. Note how the green bar is used to hold the shuttle mode together.


Tuck the green bar nicely to the back of the leg


Unravel the arms from the shuttle underside





The hands took me a while to design. I've forgotten that I can refer to previous builds using this same set to see how I designed their hands.

ROBOT MODE


 



MORE ACTION POSES


Due to transformation requirements, the knee articulations  is not as broad as my other LEGO Transformers, managing to about  30 degrees range.


His arms ,however... are exceptionally articulated .... thanks to engineering requirements ! 


WITH GUN


The gun was built at the last minute. Luckily it took me about 15 minutes. I could've given up if its more than 20 minutes effort.  Tradeoffs of such a quickie gun?  It can't integrate to the shuttle mode.  




VIDEO TUTORIAL

Follow the tutorial below to build this creation, except the robot head and gun.  Consider this a challenge for you guys!  Or you can choose to purchase the complete instructions (link below video) 





WANT MORE?

Click the link below for more creations I made using set 31382









No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...