Featured Post

LEGO Alternate Builds: Creator, Transformers, Bumblebee , building instructions

  This page contains grouped links to my creations and Transformers made using official LEGO sets

Friday, August 7, 2026

LEGO 31150 alternate build #011: DOTM Megatron (Bayverse) Fuel tanker truck

 

This is my first alternate build based on live action Transformers movie (aka Bayverse)

This is LEGO 31150 Alternate Build / MOC, turning Wild Safari Animals set into Megatron from Dark Of the Moon (DOTM) movie.. 

PROLOGUE

A while back, I received a request in youtube to make this DOTM Megatron. I didn't put much thought into that since I don't have the perfect LEGO set with so many wheels . DOTM Megatron apparently needed 10 wheels.  





And talking about Megatron, he is the most popular antagonist from all of Transformers media franchise (from comics to cartoons).  And I've made many versions of Megatrons using official LEGO sets . One of my favorite is Transformers;One version (below)


📷 MORE PHOTOS | VIDEO   🛒 BUILDING INSTRUCTIONS 


ABOUT PROJECT DOTM MEGATRON

Where were we?  Ah yes... the lack of wheels limited me in building so many ground mode Transformers . However,  I got an epithany one day to check the number of round pieces from LEGO 31150 and see if there's enough to build DOTM Megatron.  I found more than 10 !  So I'm good to go!


The funnest part of this project  is  designing the cab/front of the truck.  The challenge here is to make sure the cab color is uniform with recognizable windscreen. 


I almost cried happy tears when the usually "useless" technic piece can be utilized here as the smokestacks!


Since the original version of Megatron truck mode (aside from the cab) is pretty chaotic and assymetrical  befitting a beaten up rusty vehicle, I tried to capture its shaping by at least making sure the fuel tank looks like a fuel tank , unnaturally pristine one that is!


As for the back half of the vehicle... its up to ones interpretation what they looked like! Vents? Pipes? Shafts?    




The menacing "claws" in front of the vehicle will form the feet in robot mode.


With weapon mounted. Btw that's the final finishing touches to my project.


MURPHY'S LAW STRIKES AGAIN!!

Dang.... After everything is published , photos, videos and all... I discovered that  I've forgotten to apply curved fender on the right side of the cab !!  

As a consolation,   I guess I should treat this  as a feature, not error. After all... original DOTM Megatron does seem to have missing parts here and there .  


TRANSFORM!



Untab 2 halves of the fuel tank


Merge them to the front of the truck. Note the black piece circled in red. They will be pegged to the side of the cab.



Split the truck rear to form arms


Note how these arms were connected via a spur on one side and technic axle hole on the other side..







Spread both legs and rotate knees 180 degrees




Finally, mount the gun on his arm


ROBOT MODE


Compared to the original version of DOTM Megatron , mine looks emanciated ! 


 

When designing the arms, I initially assumed they're symmetrical and worried I couldn't make 'em so with the pieces fron the set . Luckily they're actually not symmetrical after all, with the right arm being thicker than the left , flimsier arm.




He has a flat back!!  I almost never built a LEGO Transformers with a flat black, except Octane  


I did try to add more mass to his back but failed.



ACTION POSES

For stable poses below, the feet and heels must be oriented nicely 


 




 

Most of other LEGO Transformers can kneel  , but not this Megatron.  Mighty Megatron   bow/kneeled to no one!



With his future incarnation aka Age Of Extinction* Megatron that turned into an interstellar jet

*Transformer:AOE is the sequel to DOTM.


VIDEO

WHO IS MEGATRON WITHOUT PRIME?

I just remembered I made a Bayverse "The Last Knight" Prime many many years ago. Do check him out!

 


























No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...