Featured Post

Buy My "LEGO" Transformers designs in Barweer and Amazon.

  I am happy to announce that some of my LEGO Transformers designs have become official products under a few 3rd party building block brands...

Friday, September 13, 2024

Megatron (Transformers:One) tank using LEGO Creator 31152: Space Astronaut

 

I am Megatron!!!

PROLOGUE

Transformers:One is a 2024 movie focusing the origin of Transformers and leaders from both opposing factions: Autobots and Decepticons.   



Few months before , I started to build Optimus Prime / Orion Pax from the movie using a single LEGO set. This project /tutorial was meant to be released days leading to the movie premier on September 2024, but I decided to do so early , as in 2 months early! (Video below)


Well, what should I build to commemorate the movie premiere?  Megatron of course! As always, I had an intense feeling of able to pull off Megatron using a single LEGO set.

ABOUT LEGO 31152: SPACE ASTRONAUT

Set 31152 was released in 2024 and it has  becoming one of my favorite set to build Transformers from. The very first TF  I made using this set turned into Thundertank (an iconic vehicle from Thundercats cartoon).




ABOUT THIS PROJECT



GIMME GIMME BUILDING INSTRUCTIONS!


Building instructions for this fine specimen is located in rebrickable.com  (link below). Support me by making your purchase!




While editing the photos captured, I sense a lil regret over not applying some black on the side turrets, to make them more prominent .  I guess I was overly obsessed with using black parts from the set on the front tracks.


 

 


The final enhancement I made to this project was adding more mass to the front of his tank body, via 2 hinged panels. These panels will fold to the back of robot mode as butt-flaps. 




Main turret splits into 2 cannons, just like the real Megatron toy. It took me a while to try various peggng methods . They should be secure enough when connected, and when detached , should not take away extra pieces away from either  cannons. 

WITHOUT THE MAIN TURRET





With earlier mentioned TF:ONE Optimus Prime 


TRANSFORM!



Remove main cannon turret


Untab side panels  , rotate and fold them


 

Unravel head from rear of vehicle

 

Do leg split.



Rotate waist joint



The triangular tips of the vehicle rear can be folded inwards to form the feet. (Or outwards too for wider heels)



Both turrets folded inwards to ensure they're not visible when his robot mode is viewed from the front profile.

ROBOT MODE


 

I must admit yet again, I did a really good job  building Megatron's head, and his chest too!! 


Murphy's Law struck again!  The printed tile is not meant to be on the final arm cannon! Initially I applied printed tiles on both sides of the cannon but I eventually dislike the aesthetics. But oppps... I've forgotten to dismantle one of the printed tiles!


The set used only has 4 red 1x2 plates and ideally,  I would like to apply all of them as red accents on his chest. Sadly..I ended up using 2 instead, since I must dedicate one red piece for his eyes.  


 

MORE ACTION POSES



 


 





WITH TF:ONE OPTIMUS PRIME


Ha ha ha.... What a puny Prime!



"Stop calling me puny!"


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...