Finally, another Bumble-beast from me!
RECAP
LEGO set 10338 is now leading and taking up the mantle from
set 31152 to become my favorite set for building LEGO Transformers. I have made many Transformers using Bee set and they're mostly with landed vehicle modes. Project Bee Grimlock is my 3rd one with a beast mode.
Sometime back , I made Megatron dragon using the said set (below)
ABOUT THIS PROJECT
This creation was based on Grimlock from G1 Transformers cartoon series. He is the leader of the Dinobots.
Prior to this project, I have produced many Grimlocks using official LEGO sets.
Click here
to see them.
I must thanks his predecessors made using other official LEGO sets. The more I build him, the better I get at doing so... even though I am presented with different parts to use specific to the set.
The Dino feet are very challenging to build since they have to conceal the robot hands as well. And unlike official toys of Grimlock, I wanted his dino feet to fold away in robot mode than jutting out.
You might notice I kept a few studs exposed on his belly, even though I have many tiles to smoothen it. Why? keep reading to know the reason.
Compared to other LEGO Creator sets like
31129
and
31161
, Bee set has a few yet very useful ball joints. And I always used all of them up in my creations with this set. However.. for project Grimlock.... there's a few leftover unitilized!
With gun mounted.
TRANSFORM!
We start by lying him down on his belly.
Chest plate folded up to form the upper body. For the chest plate to flush to the upper body, the latter must not be tiled all the way, hence the reason you see exposed studs on them in dino mode.
Notice the gray pieces is folded to the back on the legs ,acting as the knee damper and prevent him from toppling over backwards when standing straight. For action knee-bending poses however... you can fold those gray pieces out of the way.
ROBOT MODE
His color scheme is almost like an inverted version of the official one... (some fans called it Shattered Glass version). What's gray become yellow, and yellow becoming gray (read: chest plate deco)
Initially I padded the hollow areas on the back of his shoulders . but they hindered the shoulder articulations. The padding on top of the shoulders are hinged to move out of the way when shoulders are raised to the side.
MORE ACTION POSES
WITH GUN
WITH TAKARATOMY MASTERPIECE GRIMLOCK
VIDEO
No comments:
Post a Comment