Featured Post

(Updated with Snapdragon!) Buy My "LEGO" Transformers designs in Amazon / Barweer.

  I am happy to announce that some of my LEGO Transformers designs have become official products under a few 3rd party building block brands...

Monday, July 20, 2026

Video tutorial: Scorponok / Transformer Scorpion , alternate build of LEGO Creator 31151: T.Rex

 


First stinger I made this year... I think!

ABOUT SCORPONOK

Scorponok first appeared in G1 Transformers cartoon series back in the 1980s.  He is a member of evil faction, Decepticons!  Back then, he turned into not just a scorpion... but a huge base/battle station to house his fellow Decepticon comrades.

Few years ago.. I made Scorponok using LEGO set 31129 (video tutorial below)


And soon after..... Scorponok made using LEGO 31121 Arrived (below)


ABOUT THIS PROJECT

LEGO set shared similar color scheme as 31121 above. And this pushed me to start this project... building yet another Scorponok with set 31151!


I started the project by building his pincer first. 


and oh boy.... I actually made a pretty big pincer initially and decided to scale them down to what you see above to give his shoulder joint a break ( no pun intended).   A big pincer-turned-forearm might be too heavy .





The scorpion legs were inspired by earlier Scorponok I made using LEGO 31121.





TRANSFORM!




 

 


ROBOT MODE


The elbow joints are fragile and the technic axle tend to pop off from the technic brick . 


 



MORE ACTION POSES

 



 



 


VIDEO TUTORIAL

The following video contains tutorial on how to build this creation, except the scorpion tail.  The tail is pretty easy to build if you stare at the photos long enough!


Alternatively.... I am offering the complete instructions for sale in my rebrickable page (link below).

































No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...