Featured Post

Buy My "LEGO" Transformers designs in Barweer and Amazon.

  I am happy to announce that some of my LEGO Transformers designs have become official products under a few 3rd party building block brands...

Friday, August 30, 2024

Video Tutorial: Transformer Dinobot Swoop / Pteranodon using LEGO City 60428 + 60430

 

Milestone! My very first Dinobot Swoop made  using LEGO !

PROLOGUE

Few months ago, I bought LEGO 60430: Interstellar Space with high hopes 

After multiple attempts of trying to build a Transformer using the set above, I simply failed. My instincts told me to stop wasting my time.  So the next best thing would be pairing it up with another set. The best match is definitely set 60428.


I actually is hesitant in buildng Tranformers using 2 or more LEGO sets , due to poor reception and views , since the odds of my viewers having the exact 2 sets are very low  . But this time,  both the sets above are under LEGO City Space theme.  And  they both (together with a 3rd set) are now bundled into a single product called LEGO City Space Explorer Pack.  



ABOUT DINOBOTS

Dinobots from G1 Transformers cartoon series is a team of 5 robots with dinosaurs as their alternate modes.  I've made many Dinobots in the past, with some using official LEGO sets (below):



ABOUT THIS PROJECT

This project is based on Swoop,  the only Dinobot member that is not grounded in their alternate modes. Swoop  turns into a pteranodon , a prehistoric flying creature.  Despite being the  least popular Dinobot member, he definitely deserves some love.




Swoop was chosen for this project after a very no-brainder discovery:  Set 60430 has tons of big wedge pieces suitable to be made into wings!


I almost forgotten to implement both the missiles on his wings, assuming he has none. Mandela Effect mislead me into believing only Predacon Divebomb has 'em.


 




He can't stand on his onw like above without the help of sometbing to prop him up.

TRANSFORM!




ROBOT MODE

 

 



 


ACTION POSES


 




 

VIDEO TUTORIAL

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...