Featured Post

Buy My "LEGO" Transformers designs in Barweer and Amazon.

  I am happy to announce that some of my LEGO Transformers designs have become official products under a few 3rd party building block brands...

Friday, July 12, 2024

Video Tutorial: Transformer Beast Wars Depth Charge / Manta ray using LEGO Creator 31129: Majestic Tiger

 

This one is spawned from my previous project using the same set, 31129!

PROLOGUE

LEGO Creator 31129: Majestic Tiger is my favorite official set so far! And this year I'm going full speed ahead in building more Transformers using it!



Previously, I made Cyclonus using set 31129 (video below).  


After the video above was published, I've received suggestions  to build Depth Charge as well , a character from Transformers: Beast Wars. How are they both connected, you might wonder.

Well, one of the official Cyclonus toy /mould from Hasbro recently actually have been modded into Depth Charge. I was bewildered , honestly. 


 
He's called NewAge H43V Umibozu by the way.

Well, it would be impossible for me to mod my LEGO Cyclonus into Depth Charge. However, the best way to go about it definitely would be building him from scratch! So there!

ABOUT THIS PROJECT

This project tried to replicate Depth Charge , the Transformer that turns into a manta ray. The original Depth Charge has an additional flight mode. My project here however, would omit this mode.


 

Initially I applied clawed parts to build the cephalic fins (danglng black feelers thingy). But they popped out too often , to my frustrations. So I used the claw part for the tail tip instead.
 




After most of the robot mode components like arms and legs are designed, I redesigned the beast body to provide a bigger hollowed space to fit the robot head.  




 

 

One of the final enhancements made to this creation was decorating the wings with orange accents.


One main feature of Depth Charge is his shark-like drone that is docked on his belly 


The drone can become his rifle to be held in robot mode.


To some, this shark could be just a de-koi.


The tail detaches to become his sword.


TRANSFORM!





 

Note how both wings are connected via a single stud to secure their position.


Unravel the feet from inside of legs.


ROBOT MODE


As you can see, the wings orientation of my Depth Charge is different from the original toy.

 



 




MORE ACTION POSES


 

WITH SWORD!


No. That is NOT a metal detector.


 

"Are you ready for a good tickle?"



WITH GUN!


 

Due to the weight of the gun, his elbow joints cannot cope with pointing the gun forward. So the photo below took me some time to prep.


WITH BOTH!


 



WITH DEPTH CHARGE!

I made a Depth Charge in his official color scheme back in 2021 (video below)





VIDEO TUTORIAL



You can build this creation by following the video tutorial above, EXCEPT his weapons (tail and shark drone). If you are up to the challenge, these 2 are fairly easy to build simply by looking at the image provided.

However, I am offering COMPLETE building instructions (including weapons) for purchase in my rebrickable page (link below)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...