Featured Post

Buy My "LEGO" Transformers designs in Barweer and Amazon.

  I am happy to announce that some of my LEGO Transformers designs have become official products under a few 3rd party building block brands...

Friday, July 19, 2024

Video Tutorial: Transformer Cyclonus using LEGO Overwatch set 75973 (D.Va & Reinhardt)

 

Oh boy I have sidelined this LEGO set for a very very long time.

PROLOGUE

Back in 2019, I acquired set LEGO Overwatch set 75973 (D.Va & Reinhardt) at a discount

Within the next 10 months, I made two Transformers using the set, and both of them were Arcee(s), the fembot from G1 Transformers cartoon series.  Arcee v1 couldn't transform, and  Arcee v2 (below) is transformable into Cybertronian speedster.



I was very impressed with my Arcee above, and kept her on my display shelf for almost FOUR YEARS!!  

Finally, I've decided it's time to move on... and dismantled the creation above to start a new project.  It's a pity that I didn't do this earlier. This set is absolutely underrated. I think can build at least 10 Transformers with it !

ABOUT THIS PROJECT

This project is based on Cyclonus, also a G1  Transformers character.  Cyclonus turns into one of my favorite jet mode from G1 Transformers cartoon series , with a literally sharp looking nosecone.


A month or so earlier, I published one Cyclonus made using LEGO Majestic Tiger set (below). 



Design techniques from my Tiger Cyclonus above  still lingered round in my brain. Before it dissipate totally, I took out set 75793 and reapply these techniques to built another Cyclonus.





 


 

TRANSFORM!

 

 




There are many ways the feet can be positioned.The above is one of the more stable ones.

ROBOT MODE



 


 


 



 

WITH MAJESTIC TIGER CYCLONUS





VIDEO TUTORIAL


If you're not keen on following the video tutorial, you may purchase the building instructions in PDF file format, by clicking on the link below:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...