Featured Post

Buy My "LEGO" Transformers designs in Barweer and Amazon.

  I am happy to announce that some of my LEGO Transformers designs have become official products under a few 3rd party building block brands...

Friday, July 26, 2024

Transformer Armada Cyclonus (Helicopter) using LEGO 76254: Baby Rocket's ship


If there's such a thing as a jackpot in my LEGO adventures, this project is definitely is one!


PROLOGUE

LEGO  76254: Baby Rocket's ship was bought recently after I discovered a photo of a custom mech MOC  made using the set. This implied that the set has enough juicy parts , hinges and all for me to build a Transformer. Another motivation to get the set was the windshield that came with it.  

Below is the first Transformer I made using this set.


About few weeks ago, I started to "feel lucky" and dismantled the creation above and try to build something that utilized the windshield from the set. Immediately I was reminded of Cyclonus from Transformers Armada, a series from over 20 years ago!


And no, this is not the jackpot I'm talking about. I had countless revelations prior to building my LEGO Transformers that they're practically a norm to me.

NOW THIS IS A FIRST!

This is my my first LEGO  alternate creation (using 1 set) with a helicopter mode. I, however.. had built a few copter-formers over the years not using LEGO sets. Springer (video below) is one of my favorite




ABOUT THIS PROJECT

As mentioned above, this creation was based on Cyclonus from TF: Armada. Initially I tried to replicate his helicopter mode as close as possible  but found myself in a better predicament: Instead of his legs being wide apart in vehicle mode (which I was unable to replicate)   , I managed to integrate them into the copter body instead!



I NEED TO MAKE THIS! WHERE ARE THE BUILDING INSTRUCTIONS?

Building instructions for this fine specimen is located in rebrickable.com  (link below). Support me by making your purchase!


VIDEO!!



 

90% of this creation was completed in about 2 hours,  with the rotor blades yet to be built.  Jackpot? Well, almost.


The final enhancement minutes before I initiate photoshoot was placing the printed "control panel" part inside the windshield/cockpit.



Within the first hour or so in this project,   I came to a realization that some of the engineering involved could work in other types of helicopter Transformers as well.  The excitement (jackpot!!) led me to initiate a new LEGO copter-former project few days after that.  

To find out more about this new project, follow my instagram for teaser/sneakpeek of work-in-progress!







 

TRANSFORM!





ROBOT MODE


As you can see , his crotch is bulging outwards. Such design helps to stablize the helicopter mode. 


The elbow joint design is another first for me. 


 



 

ACTION POSES



 


I was expecting the heavy kibble /copter tail on his back to assist in stabilizing him in action poses (as a 3rd leg), but surprisingly.... it's not necessary at all.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...