Featured Post

Buy My "LEGO" Transformers designs in Barweer and Amazon.

  I am happy to announce that some of my LEGO Transformers designs have become official products under a few 3rd party building block brands...

Friday, June 28, 2024

Transformer Space Cruiser /Misfire using LEGO Creator 31152: Space Astronaut

 

This one is a tribute to one of my favorite  jet/space cruiser mode in G1 Transformers cartoon series!


PROLOGUE

Set 31152: Space Astronaut was released this year (2024). Sensing its potential for many Transformers alternate creations , I quickly unboxed it and built the space puppy model and skipped the other two .


One of the official main model for the set above is the space cruiser that looks like a Vic Viper. To be honest... it's really ugly and I'm pretty such I can build a better one using the parts from the set .

So far prior to this project, I had made two Transformers using the set, and the most recent one turned into a Star Destroyer (video below)


ABOUT THIS PROJECT

This project was inspired by Misfire, a G1 Transformer that turns into one of my favorite space cruiser.  By the way, I built Misfire many years ago (video below)




One of the prominent feature for this mode is the front fins ,which I lengthened to offset the bulkiness of the fuselage. 


I NEED TO MAKE THIS! WHERE ARE THE BUILDING INSTRUCTIONS?



Building instructions for this fine specimen is located in rebrickable.com  (link below). Support me by making your purchase!





 


At the beginning of this project, I applied ball jointed wings for flexibility. However, I had problems tabbing  them to the jet body, and aligning them symmetrically in both jet and robot modes was tedious. So finally I ditched the ball joint in favor of good 'ol stud-powered-hinges .



 


Initially these  front fins were prone to sag when the plane is held upside down. Luckily I am able to modify and secure them with leftover ball joints formerly used on the wings.



 

TRANSFORM!


Ball jointed kibble connected to the front fins not just helps to fill up the gaps , but secured them as well.


Raise the chest plate 


Fold the wings up.

 

ROBOT MODE



 

These rounded pointy "ears" on his head serves an important purpose of securing the front fins in jet mode .


Hinged mechanism on the wings allowed them to swing upwards /one direction and that's all that I needed.

 

MORE ACTION POSES


 


 


 

BUILDING INSTRUCTIONS

Building instructions for this fine specimen is located in rebrickable.com  (link below). Support me by making your purchase!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...