Featured Post

Buy My "LEGO" Transformers designs in Barweer and Amazon.

  I am happy to announce that some of my LEGO Transformers designs have become official products under a few 3rd party building block brands...

Friday, June 7, 2024

Transformer Star Destroyer (Star Wars) from LEGO 76254: Baby Rocket's ship


Buying this LEGO set is actually a gamble!
PROLOGUE

About 4 years ago , LEGO released Marvel Mech Armor sets and for the next 2 years , they have become a must-buy for me, since these sets were not only cheap, but have good selection of parts for my LEGO Transformers projects. (video of the more recent one, below)



I suddenly realized that by the time this blog entry is published, it's been one day short of a whole year since I made any Transformers using LEGO Marvel sets! Time flies indeed!

Anyhoo, starting from  year 2023....  LEGO upped their Marvel Mechs price point (which is fine with me),  but to my dissapointment....  reduced number of ball joints were applied in those mechs in favor of the new part (below).  This part  effectively locked the  mech's knee /elbow joints in place.

I hate this piece so much!! 


This year, I finally decided to grab a Marvel set  to make up for this "drought"  , but most of them as always, are expensive due to licensing factor. And then... I spotted set 76254: Baby Rocket's ship, which goes for 20% discount. 


One motivator for me to get the set was that I once saw a MOC  mech made using  it. Ooh.... the set actually has some joints and hinges! Something not easily noticeable from the box art of the ship. 

ABOUT THIS PROJECT

The alternate mode for this Transformer is the iconic Star Destroyer, from Star Wars pop cultue franchise. 


I've made quite a number of Transformers based on Star Wars vehicles/spaceships before. Click here to view them.



I NEED TO MAKE THIS! WHERE ARE THE BUILDING INSTRUCTIONS?

Building instructions for this fine specimen is located in rebrickable.com  (link below). Support me by making your purchase!


VIDEO!!




The most satisfying part during the whole designing process was filling up the gaps on the ship's front. it took a while, but I did it!


 


And of course.... I simply loved how even with a small set with little parts , I did not ignore the rear of the ship and their engines.

 


And oh yes..... the original Star Destroyer has 3 cannons on each side of ship. I managed just one for this project, and they served an important role  beyond shooting laser beams.

 




TRANSFORM!

 

Note how the ship's front unravelled to become robot arms and hands.



ROBOT MODE


The head was the final component to be built. I was almost stumped there since there's no more hinges for me to utilize. Then I remembered a "unique" head design in one of my older creations (click here to know more). 

 

He might not be a literal head-turner , but his proportions looks damn great!





The cannons in starship ended up as the robot heels.  They can be configured to raise the feet up a lil, improving stability   (coz flat footed robot tend to have stability issues especially in action poses) 

 

MORE POSES


 


 

 


I NEED TO MAKE THIS! WHERE ARE THE BUILDING INSTRUCTIONS?

Building instructions for this fine specimen is located in rebrickable.com  (link below). Support me by making your purchase!

Below are previews on how the instructions will look like:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...