Featured Post

Buy My "LEGO" Transformers designs in Barweer and Amazon.

  I am happy to announce that some of my LEGO Transformers designs have become official products under a few 3rd party building block brands...

Friday, May 24, 2024

Transformer Cyclonus using LEGO Creator 31129: Majestic Tiger

 
Cyclonus  arguably has the sharpest looking space cruiser* mode amongst ALL the characters in the WHOLE of Transformers universe!

*space cruiser, NOT spaceship. There are quite a few much bigger , sharp and pointy spaceships in TF: Universe.

PROLOGUE

There's a handful of G1 Transformers jet mode that are my personal favorites , and Cyclonus is one of them (and Misfire too).   


Naturally....  I will try to build a LEGO version of my favorite TF characters,  but as for Cyclonus, I simply couldn't commit to do so. This is because his distinct purple-toned  color scheme that is a rarity in LEGO. My project Blurr is still in limbo from the exact reason as well.

Throughout the years, however.... I attempted "Cycloni" (that's plural for Cyclonus) using  official LEGO sets instead, and provide building tutorials (videos below).  




ABOUT LEGO SET 31129: Majestic Tiger


Set 31129 , released in year 2022, is my favorite LEGO set so far! Prior to this project Cyclonus, I had made  4 Transformers using this set , and one of the more recenr ones turned into a Thundertank! 



ABOUT THIS PROJECT

This project Cyclonus started few weeks ago, and the first thing I tackled was Cyclonus' sleek shoulders.


 One of my initial worries was lack of enough ball joints to get this completed, since I foresaw they're needed to help fold away the nosecone  to form the bot mode. And also ball jointed wings would be desirable.

I NEED TO MAKE THIS! WHERE ARE THE BUILDING INSTRUCTIONS?


Building instructions for this fine specimen is located in rebrickable.com  (link below). Support me by making your purchase!






Just as expected,  down the road, ball joints are indeed a commodity for this project. Luckily I am able design a hinged wings without the need of ball joints. 




The rear blue engines was one of the final component to be designed to fill the gaping hole .




 

Due to stroke of luck ( or perhaps honed skills over the years?),   I am able to conserve whatever smooth/tile parts from the set.. to be applied onto the space cruiser surface as much as possible . 


 I didn't actually aiming for specific pattern when tiling . But as I am typing this, trying to describe every other photos shown in this blog... I noticed an angry red-eyed chipmunk is staring  right back at me in the photos  above.


TRANSFORM!

Most of not all of the transformation steps are best shown when the cruiser mode is upside down.

 

Notice how the rear engine flap is held together by dual ball jointed hinges. 



 

Split the nosecone into 2 halves, revealing the robot head. Note that they will recombine again at the back of the robot mode, and conceals the rear engine flap as well. This is peak kibble management,I once wrote in my instagram post!

ROBOT MODE


 

His side profile looks great, except for the flat face though.


I extended his heels design by about stud after discovering he kept toppling down when test-posing him.


 

The head is quite a challenge to build , when it comes to ensuring structural integrity . 





MORE ACTION POSES


 

 

 




WITH OTHER BOTS

 

With Takara Masterpiece Grimlock and my LEGO Megatron using set 31133


With Galvatron made using set 76141

BUILDING INSTRUCTIONS

Building instructions for this fine specimen is located in rebrickable.com  (link below). Support me by making your purchase!

Below are previews on how the instructions will look like:

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...