Featured Post

Buy My "LEGO" Transformers designs in Barweer and Amazon.

  I am happy to announce that some of my LEGO Transformers designs have become official products under a few 3rd party building block brands...

Friday, July 22, 2022

Video Tutorial: Transformer Wyvern / Mythical creature from LEGO Creator 31124: Super robot

 

I'm not well versed in mythological creatures,  and I think in the past, I might have made a few blunders calling some of my LEGO creations as "dragons"...

Well, no more !!   I will remind myself always to  seek more information regarding the stuff I build with LEGO.

About 2 years ago, I published a "dragon"  Transformer from set 71717, only to be told that it was not a dragon,but a Wyvern. Well.... a quick google search of "wyvern" yielded this:

 "a mythical animal usually represented as a 2-legged winged creature resembling a dragon"

ABOUT THIS PROJECT

This Transformer wyvern was the 2nd Transformer  I built  set 31124: super robot (below).  (click here for first one) This set is very versatile despite its  small size, with adequate (not too much) ball joints for me to peruse.


The inspiration for the wyvern mode actually came from an earlier that  I started using set 76171: Miles Morales Mech Armor  (which I have yet to publish as I typed this).  They both shared similar transformation style to become the beast modes.





The tiny  tail was the last component to be built, after I modified the robot feet to reclaim the hinged parts.


Look. I'm a chicken!










Due to simplicity of this Transformer,  I won't be be putting up transformation steps/photos  this time. It's incredibly rudimentary!

ROBOT MODE





The feet used to be double hinged on each side, providing more stability and giving an impression of more "feathers" on the wings. However, I was forced to "pluck these feathers"  and turned them into the beast tail instead, to obfuscate the robot head.







MORE ACTION POSES







A LIL CONFESSION!

I discovered an irritating problem  when I was almost done capturing the video tutorial of this creation.  There's a black piece at the back of the robot mode that might dislodge if  I apply excessive force when handling it.   You can give it a shot in fixing in problem by redesigning the backside / or simply remove the offending piece  altogether.

BUILDING INSTRUCTIONS

Building Instructions in the form of a video tutorial , is located at the bottom of this page. 

Before you get started, please sort your parts according to the photos below. 

Arms



Legs



Body






VIDEO TUTORIAL


Video not showing? Click here please

Thank you for following my video tutorial!  I'll produce more Transformers from set 31124 for sure! Do come back again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...