Featured Post

Buy My "LEGO" Transformers designs in Barweer and Amazon.

  I am happy to announce that some of my LEGO Transformers designs have become official products under a few 3rd party building block brands...

Friday, February 11, 2022

Video Tutorial: Transformer VF-1 Valkyrie from LEGO Ninjago 71707: Kai's Mech Jet

 

This specimen here was built about 2 months ago, and was pretty much completed within a week or two. But something prevented me from publishing it back then...

Usually before I publish my LEGO alternate creations, I rendered them digitally using a software called stud.io,  to ensure no stray parts were present . For this one however, I found out that I used a differently colored "lightsaber" bar instead of the transparent green one that came with set 71707. Seemed like I had misplaced that part long ago!

Luckily , last week I managed to locate the said missing part . It's time to give this project a closure.

This is the 4th LEGO Transformers I built using set 71707 by the way. Click here to view the previous ones.

ABOUT THIS CREATION

This creation was heavily inspired from VF-1 Valkyrie fighter jet from Macross anime series.

 




LEGO plates in multiple of two's are commodities in set 71707. And I probably used most of them towards building the wings.





I file this creation of mine under "OK" category, since nothing tabs together in vehicle mode. You need to manually align each robot component together in this mode.


And please bear with the ugly nosecone, and the graffiti-laden opaque cockpit. :P


The tail fins design is made possible by two different colored "lightsaber" bar parts.


GERWALK MODE



The transformation above showed expanded legs...


..however, I changed my mind due to stability issues. He's more stable with knees rotated 180 degrees and short legs. 










ROBOT MODE







The biggest design challenge is probably the legs. Due to limited parts, It's a miracle that I am able to lengthen his legs by few studs more to make him taller , without causing an excessively long jet mode.






MORE ACTION POSES








BUILDING INSTRUCTIONS

Building Instructions in the form of a video tutorial , is located at the bottom of this page. 

Before you get started, please sort your parts according to the photos below. 

Arms



Left Leg




Right Leg




Wings




Body




VIDEO TUTORIAL

Video not showing? Click here please.

Thank you for following my video tutorial! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...