Featured Post

Buy My "LEGO" Transformers designs in Barweer and Amazon.

  I am happy to announce that some of my LEGO Transformers designs have become official products under a few 3rd party building block brands...

Friday, January 14, 2022

Video Tutorial: Transformer Drill Tank from LEGO 76198: Spider-Man & Doctor Octopus Mech Battle

 

Here's one from me to commemorate the "reunion" between Spider man and Doctor Octopus in the recent Spider Man 3: No Way Home movie! I'm very sure Doc Ock is one of the most anticipated villain in that movie.

PROLOGUE

I've been eyeing set 76198: Spider-Man & Doctor Octopus Mech Battle  for almost a year before making my hit. With 2 mech armors in a single set, it provides tons of  ball joints for me to build my LEGO Transformers!   Finally it was bought at a 20% off  in the mall where I lived.


I am favoring Doc Ock's mech armor from this set due to the extra parts count needed to complete it, especially the 4 tentacles.  So as a starter, let me try to build a Transformer from only those parts (rather than using the whole set). 

I've made many LEGO Transformer tanks before, some  using official LEGO sets. Click here to view  them. 

ABOUT THIS PROJECT

A drill tank mode was chosen due to very obvious reason: the clamps from Doc Ock's tentacles look like drills, despite not being able to rotate/spin.








DRILL MODE


Drill deployed ready for penetration.





TRANSFORM!



Legs, connected by a stud on each side to the shoulders, now unlatched.


Retract the drill inwards


ROBOT MODE


The 3-fingered claws was initially placed on his crotch, but that would render his upper body/chest flat and devoid of any details. 






MORE POSES






ATTACK MODE




Drill-turned-claws extended.



"Hi Peter"


BUILDING INSTRUCTIONS


Video not showing? Click here instead.

Building Instructions in the form of a video tutorial , is located at the bottom of this page. Before you get started, please sort your parts according to the photos below. 

Thank you for following my video tutorial! 

  • More free building instructions  (mostly from official LEGO sets)
  • Building Instructions using Marvel Mech Armor sets.
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...