Featured Post

Buy My "LEGO" Transformers designs in Barweer and Amazon.

  I am happy to announce that some of my LEGO Transformers designs have become official products under a few 3rd party building block brands...

Friday, December 3, 2021

Video Tutorial: Transformer "The Ark" from LEGO Creator set 31112: Wild Lion

This LEGO creation here by far is the fastest sprint I've ever done. What is a sprint? Well...

A sprint is where I build a LEGO Transformer from scratch and getting them almost completed  within a day or two.  In many cases involving just one LEGO set , I averaged about 50% completion rate in day one and 80%  about a week later. For this project, however.... it's 95% done within a day, reaching a stage I call "there's nothing left to improve".   Usually at this point I will take a break from there and return to the project days or weeks later when  I usually found something to tweak !

ABOUT THIS PROJECT

As shown in the image below,  I tried to replicate the recently released official Transformer toy of The Ark under Kingdom toyline . 

In the original G1 Transformers cartoon series, the ark is a shuttle carrying the Autobots ,  that crash landed on earth millions of years ago, setting up their adventures on earth in episode 1  

In various Transformers cartoons and comics , the Ark was depicted as just a space shuttle. The recently released  Titan Class Kingdom Ark comes with a robot mode too! 

During prototyping, inverted curved slopes were applied on the side of the ship. However.. I found them better suited on the middle front instead.  




Instead of 4 big propulsion engines in the official Ark, this one has 8 smaller ones placed strategically at the rear. 




The icing on the cake is the tower at the rear of the ship, made possible by the one and only piece of "tooth" from set 31112.




ACTIVATING TRANSFORMATION PROTOCOL








TRANSFORMATION PROTOCOL COMPLETED






The panels on the legs are flexible enough to reposition itself to adapt to the pose. You can even fold them to show fuller legs when viewed from the front.


Initially I applied 2 hinges of different colors to hold the kibble together. However, one of them keep popping out. So I removed it. 














BUILDING INSTRUCTIONS

Building Instructions in the form of a video tutorial , is located at the bottom of this page. 

Before you get started, please sort your parts according to the photos below. 

Arms





Legs





Body and the Rest







VIDEO TUTORIAL

Video not showing? Click here please

Thank you for following my video tutorial! For more building instructions with LEGO set 31112, click here please.  Have fun!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...