Featured Post

Buy My "LEGO" Transformers designs in Barweer and Amazon.

  I am happy to announce that some of my LEGO Transformers designs have become official products under a few 3rd party building block brands...

Friday, October 11, 2024

Dinobot Grimlock using LEGO Creator 31150: Wild Safari Animals

 

Me Grimlock, former giraffe!

PROLOGUE

LEGO Creator 31150: Wild Safari was released early this year (2024)  and I planned to focus on it on the second half of the year . 


My  first Transformer made using the set above turned into a hovercar (video below):


ABOUT GRIMLOCK

Grimlock is one of the most popular fan-favorite character to come out of the original G1 Transformers cartoon series back in the 1980s. He is the leader of team Dinobots with many of turning into dinosaur modes. Grimlock turned into a T-rex 


Over the years...I've built Grimlocks using LEGO, and some made with individual LEGO sets too .

 Below are LEGO Grimlock I made back in the late 2000s, and  another Grimlock using LEGO set 31121: Crocodile more recently.






ABOUT THIS PROJECT

My first Transformer made using set 31150 turned into a hovercar. Then I realized that the color scheme was very organic looking and gaudy even, like a piece of meat.  From that point onwards... perhaps I should try to build Transformers that turns into animals instead of vehicles. So here we are.... project Grimlock initiated!



I NEED TO MAKE THIS! WHERE ARE THE BUILDING INSTRUCTIONS?




Building instructions for this fine specimen is located in rebrickable.com  (link below). Support me by making your purchase!



 

90% of this creation was completed within a week except the dino head. It's always good thing to cool down before I aim for the head many weeks later. And I nailed it in one hour!  



 

The last component to be built were his dino arms the night before I start the photoshoot.


One of my eureka moment was discovering that the white inverted curved slopes actually made good feet. Since the whole body consisted of beige/brown color scheme... so a different colored feet would make him stand out literally! 



Despite the mini ball joints used for his legs, I'm suprised he\s able to raise his rear up for some menacing poses.



With Takaratomy's Masterpiece Grimlock.


TRANSFORM!


 



 

ROBOT MODE


 

The beast arms folded to the back of the robot arms were inspired by my earlier Transformer Tiger using set 31129.


 

Yeah yeah I know what you're thinking: his head is too tiny. Well that's coz original G1 Grimlock was pretty lacking in the brain department, so a big head won't improve much on that.



ACTION POSES


 


 

 




AGAIN, THE  BUILDING INSTRUCTIONS!


Building instructions for this fine specimen is located in rebrickable.com  (link below). Support me by making your purchase!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...