Featured Post

Buy My "LEGO" Transformers designs in Barweer and Amazon.

  I am happy to announce that some of my LEGO Transformers designs have become official products under a few 3rd party building block brands...

Friday, January 19, 2024

Video Tutorial: Transformer Space Cruiser from LEGO City set 60428: Space Construction Mech

 

This is my first Transformer made using   LEGO set released in 2024, and also first using just one set from LEGO City theme!

PROLOGUE

At the beginning of each new year , I looked forward to splurge on some LEGO sets in hope to get  the gift-with-purchase. And this year... the gift is  "Year of the Dragon" set (below)


After discovering  the Toys R Us at a local mall  still have yet to stock up new 2024 LEGO sets  (despite offering the gift above), I head over to the LEGO Certified Store at a mall across the street.  My aim was to get the latest 2024 Creator sets (Astronaut, Red Dragon  and Peacock set) to meet the minimal purchase criteria to redeem the gift above. 

However..to my dissapointment... the shop sold out on the Peacock set!  So, I spent more than 20 minutes browsing to look for what other sets I can buy!  Budget wise , there are limited sets I can choose.  

So finally.. I settled for  City set 60428 , and last year's Creator Unicorn , after thinking they could be paired up to build a Transformer from. 

Prior to my visit to LEGO store , I planned to get this City mech set +City spaceship, to build a Transformer  in the future .

This is my first attempt at using City theme to build a Transformer that actually transform! About 20 years ago, I made a Transformer with World City theme (below), but that one doesn't transform at all.


Click here for more photo of this old creation.

ABOUT THIS PROJECT

As always.. I will try hard to crank out Transformers  from  just one single LEGO set. So I'm not giving in without a fight with this set 60428.  I got a hunch this set will be a one-trick pony in this context. I don't think I'll be able to make another type of Transformer with it.


This creation took me a bit over a day to complete.

 


The tailfins design is accidental, after some fiddling with the leftover parts after building the main body. 

 


 


TRANSFORM!

Due to having little parts to work on, this creation is fairly delicate when you try to transform it.  You have been warned.




ROBOT MODE





 

The nosecone kibble tend to pop off when I picked him up in robot mode due to accidentally pressing my finger against it. So its best to hold him by his waist instead.



 



 

 


BUILDING INSTRUCTIONS

Building Instructions in the form of a video tutorial , is located at the bottom of this page. 

Hold on a sec....


Arms





Legs





Body





VIDEO TUTORIAL


Click here if video is not showing.



Thank you for following my video tutorial! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...