Featured Post

Buy My "LEGO" Transformers designs in Barweer and Amazon.

  I am happy to announce that some of my LEGO Transformers designs have become official products under a few 3rd party building block brands...

Friday, January 5, 2024

Video Tutorial: Transformer Space Cruiser from LEGO Creator set 31112: Wild Lion

 


It's been half a year since I made anything using set 31112. How time flies!

PROLOGUE

Set Wild Lion aka Creator 31112 was released in the year 2021. Since then.. I have made many,many Transformers using the set.  


Below is what I made with this set before I dismantle it for this project:


ABOUT THIS PROJECT

The alternate mode for this project was inspired by Misfire, one of the character from G1 Transformers with arguably my  most favorite jet mode. (below)

I actually made Misfire using LEGO many, many years ago (video below)



SPACE CRUISER MODE


I love the shaping of of space cruisers with dual-fin at the front, not unlike vic vipers.  I used to call them as nosecones but I instincts told me I might have gotten the term wrong! 


 


 


Usually jet/space cruiser mode is one of the very first mode for my LEGO Transformers made using official sets (due to it being easier to produce). This time around,  It's the reverse. After about 6 modes made from this set 31112, I ran out of ideas of what mode I should build next. 

 

TRANSFORM!


Robot arms connected to the wings via the L-shaped plates.






ROBOT MODE


There are 2 methods to show the arm. You can flip forearms to have the black spur facing outwards... but the ugly underside of LEGO plates will reveal itself aka aesthetically less pleasing.

 


Oh boy he sure is top heavy.  Luckily the tail fins turned into wider heels to cope with that to ensure stability.

 



 


BUILDING INSTRUCTIONS

Building Instructions in the form of a video tutorial , is located at the bottom of this page. 

Arms



Legs





Wings



Nosecone


Body






VIDEO TUTORIAL


Video not showing? Click here please 

Thank you for following my video tutorial! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...