This project was completed more than a year ago, but kept on hold due to a small hiccup...
....I've broken 2 mecha arm parts from set 71707 used in this project (below)! without them, my dinosaur is literally crippled!
After many years of using similar parts of varying colors with no problem in my LEGO projects , the white variant that comes with this set is very fragile. Before they gave way, I noticed the diminished clutch strength, from my earlier projects using the set. (click here to view them).
Anyway, recently I finally ordered new LEGO parts (including the broken ones above) from bricklink in order to complete my pending projects .
Oh yes... my latest project using this set was a Transformer insect, built early last year.
Click here if video is not showing
Would love to call him a T-rex, but this one here has 2 horns on his head.
No problem raising his tail up despite the huge bulk!
This is probably my most satisfying part of the designing process: getting the dino head to fold and tuck in nicely to the back of the robot mode.
This mid-transformation photo reminded me of a praying mantis.
Building Instructions in the form of a video tutorial , is located at the bottom of this page.
If video is not showing above, click here.