Featured Post

Buy My "LEGO" Transformers designs in Barweer and Amazon.

  I am happy to announce that some of my LEGO Transformers designs have become official products under a few 3rd party building block brands...

Saturday, January 30, 2021

Video Tutorial: Transformer Thor Tank from LEGO Avengers 76169: Thor Mech Armor


To start off the year 2021, I aimed to buy only one of the 3 options for LEGO Avengers mech suit sets. Thor was immediately chosen. Why?

Well, it's the capes on his shoulders  that sealed the deal for me. They looked like windshield to me. The opportunity to build a vehicle transformer was one step nearer, I'd thought.


VEHICLE MODE



Without any wheels from Thor set for me to make use of, I have to apply rounded parts at the bottom of the tank to mimic the tank treads.






Initially the mech armor piece was not applied in this creation, as I almost used up all the hinges for other purposes. A bit of redesign allow me to spare a hinge to connect this piece to the back of the vehicle mode. 



Another hurdle for this armor piece would be trying to get it to to close the gap to conceal the robot head. Finally the robot head most be simplified to make this happen.





TRANSFORM!










ROBOT MODE


The achilles heel for my creation here is literally on his feet. The connection of the wedge plates as the heels are the weakest links of all. You have been warned!


My earlier attempts actually tried to retain  the mech  hands design , and this led me to a dead end. So I turn those fingers into tank treads and now they ended up on his shoulders.








Connecting the weapon to his arm requires the hand (small gray bracket) to be taken off.






BUILDING INSTRUCTIONS

Building Instructions in the form of a video tutorial , is located at the bottom of this page. 

Before you get started, please sort your parts according to the photos below. 












VIDEO TUTORIAL


Video not showing? Click here please.

Thank you for following my video tutorial! For more building instructions of my previous LEGO creations, click here please.  Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...