Featured Post

Buy My "LEGO" Transformers designs in Barweer and Amazon.

  I am happy to announce that some of my LEGO Transformers designs have become official products under a few 3rd party building block brands...

Thursday, March 21, 2013

Kai Rotormech:- alternate design for Ninjago Kai Fire Mech & Creator Red Rotors

After all these years of building LEGO-formers, I hope my MOCs can be accessible/replicated and enjoyed by others easily, without the hassle of sourcing the right parts to build them. This year I am starting a personal "crusade" to make this happen, as opportunities finally presents itself:- in the form of many official LEGO sets with balljoints and decent number of wedges and hinges.

I wouldn't aim for big sets with huge selection of parts however. I hope to make things affordable out there to average Joes and Janes to get started to recreating my MOCs =)

As a starter, I paired up one Creator set with a small Ninjago and come up with .... Kai Rotormech!



And since I'm very proud and excited of this maiden endeavour of mine, I even include  the building instructions here and hope you guys can immediately give it a try.
  
Are you ready for what's coming?



Hoverjet Mode










Transformation Sequence












The effect above was unintentional.  The camera shake caused it. I decided to retain this photo because I felt it looks kinda artistic :)






Building Instructions

Legs


Since the legs are symmetrical , I just flipped the photos around for the opposing side. HOWEVER... the backheels for the feet are using different colored cheese slope: red on one, and gold on another. 



Arms

The arms are not the same since both of them have to be connected together in vehicle mode. Different parts on each arm allowed such connection to be possible.

The spare "finger" part for Kai Mech (which makes 2) is a life saver! These finger parts allowed the lower arms to be connected to the upper arms and they're swivelable. However, these elbow connection are the weakest ones in the whole mech.


The Body


I'm sure when you're done building all the limbs/main components above , you can easily put them together to form the mech.

Enjoy!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...