Featured Post

Buy My "LEGO" Transformers designs in Barweer and Amazon.

  I am happy to announce that some of my LEGO Transformers designs have become official products under a few 3rd party building block brands...

Friday, February 23, 2024

Video Tutorial: Transformer Microscope (Perceptor) from LEGO Creator 31140: Magical Unicorn

 


Out from the magical realm, this Unicorn is finally reformatted into a real-world scientific tool... and beyond!


PROLOGUE

Last year, I was torn between getting this LEGO Creator 31140: Magical Unicorn  and the Space shuttle set of the same price in a LEGO store. I was very tempted with the articulations on the Unicorn legs compared to a static-looking space shuttle. 


However.... the latter won out of instincts alone! So I proceeded to built a Transformer using the space shuttle set (video below)


Finally, early this year... I decided to purchase the Unicorn set and weaved my magic around it. 

ABOUT THIS PROJECT

The alternate mode microscope  is  always .always assumed as Perceptor.. the character from G1 Transformers cartoon series that turns into a ...uhm.. microscope. Well , I guess I shall name this creation Perceptor then!



Let's just say this is what perceptor would be reformatted as when he accidentally entered the realm of My Little Pony !

 

This creation was completed in about 2 days!  Even though ball joints are lacking in the set, I managed to work my way around the limitations.  




The biggest challenge here would probably be manipulating the hinges to bend to my will... literally, to form the lens piece.

 

ATTACK MODE


The biggest challenge was designing the hinged lens piece without the luxury of ball joints. It must be articulated enough to swing to the side on the shoulder of the robot mode.

 


Due to utter simplicity of this creation, I guess I'll be showing just one image of transformation step above.

ROBOT MODE



I was suprised myself to discover the final robot mode to be pretty proportionate ,despite having very little pieces to utilize. 

 



Despite having no ball joints, he still can managed a few basic poses  on his arms. And his head can rotate as well.



His knees  can bend a lil, but the pelvic joints are almost useless to lap it up.


VIDEO TUTORIAL




Thank you for following my video tutorial! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...