Featured Post

Buy My "LEGO" Transformers designs in Barweer and Amazon.

  I am happy to announce that some of my LEGO Transformers designs have become official products under a few 3rd party building block brands...

Friday, April 9, 2021

Video Tutorial: Transformer Thundertank from LEGO set 70842: Emmet's Couch Mech

 


This was the final project  I initiated in year 2020 ,during Christmas Eve. Even though progress was pretty quick, I was forced to put it on hold...


....  because I broke  a unique crucial part to complete it! (photo pinched from my instagram )



The broken wing  was extracted from Sweet Mayhem minidoll from the same set (70842).  I was forced to purchase a new Sweet Mayhem minidoll online just to complete this project!

Oh, by the way.... this is my second attempt at a Transformer using this set. The first one was a Microscope TF (video below)


Video not showing? Click here please.

Thundertank mode

Once I was  very hesitant in envisioning a land /well grounded vehicle Transformer from this set due to lack of tires/wheels.  Before this Thundertank materialized , I tried to build a hover speedster (read: Blurr)   but failed!



Part of the build that took me most of the time to get right was the faux tank treads , from whatever rounded parts available from the set. Even the white mugs were not spared! I think I revised my design there for more than 8 times at least.




Weapons Deploy!

Due to excessive number of hinges at my disposal, I am  able to utilize them to fold the panels and become the tank compartment. and one thing led to another.....cannons were implemented too!








Transformation






Robot Mode



















BUILDING INSTRUCTIONS

Building Instructions in the form of a video tutorial , is located at the bottom of this page. Before you get started, please sort your parts according to the photos below. 

Arms





Legs








The Rest







VIDEO TUTORIAL



Video not showing? Click here please.

Thank you for following my video tutorial! For more building instructions of my previous LEGO creations, click here please.  Have fun!











No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...