Featured Post

Buy My "LEGO" Transformers designs in Barweer and Amazon.

  I am happy to announce that some of my LEGO Transformers designs have become official products under a few 3rd party building block brands...

Friday, November 27, 2020

Video Tutorial: Transformer Speedster Fembot from LEGO Creator set 31088

 


Say hi to Elita Magnus, my latest fembot built from LEGO Creator set 31088!  

 This is my 3rd attempt using this LEGO set to build a Transformer. I must say, the decision to build a fembot this time was due to a pleasant discovery. Keep browsing this page to find out more.

My Earlier Attempts


Click here if you can't see the video above.


Click here if you can't see the video above.

ABOUT ELITA MAGNUS  (warning: fan fiction ahead!)

Elita Magnus is somewhat related to Ultra Magnus, the "good guys" Autobot City commander from Transformers cartoon series.  Separated earlier on in their lives, Elita turned to the dark  side ,serving the bad guys Decepticons instead, becoming one of the highly skilled fembot warrior with great agility,


The "cute" nature of her alternate mode makes good decoy  , misleading others into believing she's friendly


The red "claws" jutting out from the vehicle mode is actually the seat for the minifig driver/passenger.


My favorite part of building process was designing the rear engine (above),  considering that's one of the finishing touches I made with leftover parts. The hinged brick allows the engine to be tilted down too in bot mode.





TRANSFORM!





 




ROBOT MODE


When I first started, I discovered  tight clutch strength between the light gray plate (with socket)  and the inverted white slope, forming the  pelvic joints.  This broke my long-standing assumption that most 2-stud connections are weak ,and seldom considered them for heavy-duty joints design like these. 



The vehicle seat becoming her ponytails.





The winged kibbles design were considered at the very beginning of this project (taking cue from Arcee). By the end of this project where the chunky vehicle rear kibble was applied and ended up on her back.... both her wings seemed less prominent now.



Another finishing touches was applying the red brick to fill the gap next to the pelvic joints. I decided to have the brick underside to face the front , instead of a stud. This is the because the latter caused restricted articulations.











For the pose above to be possible, she has to lean against the wall.



With Arcee v2 built from LEGO Overwatch set

I built Elita Magnus independently without referencing Arcee v2 at all . I'm  really quite surprised they're almost the same in height and proportions when I put them side by side for photo shoot. I'd say Elita is more leaner and slender while Arcee v2 is a bit more muscular overall.

BUILDING INSTRUCTIONS

Building Instructions in the form of a video tutorial , is located at the bottom of this page. 

Before you get started, please sort your parts according to the photos below. 



Legs





Head and Kibbles




Body





VIDEO TUTORIAL


Video not showing? Click here please.


Thank you for following my video tutorial! 


2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...