Featured Post

Buy My "LEGO" Transformers designs in Barweer and Amazon.

  I am happy to announce that some of my LEGO Transformers designs have become official products under a few 3rd party building block brands...

Tuesday, April 27, 2021

Video Tutorial: Transformer Speedboat aka Bumblesea v4 from LEGO 31090: Underwater robot


BumbleSea v4  is  my fourth LEGO Transformer built using LEGO Creator 31090. Somewhat related to BumbleBee, he prefer to roam the ocean rather than the ground above.


RECAP ON PREVIOUS VERSIONS

Version 1

An undersea exploration sub. Proportions a lil off, with weak legs to boot (Official page here)


Version 2

Now a hover-car thingy. I focused on improving robot mode proportions and structural integrity.  (Official page here)



Version 3

He's still a hover-car , but with a windshield frame. Improved the  awkward shoulder joints from version 2. (Official page here)


ABOUT THIS PROJECT (Version 4)

Well, I received some feedbacks on version 3 of not being stable enough. This is the first priority to be tackled in v4... ensuring his footprint is wide.


And of course... a sleeker vehicle mode too!


CHALLENGE!

Murphy's Law struck again! I accidentally introduced a slight design flaw  in the photos. Take a good look at them and see if you cant spot this flaw. I'll reveal the answer further down this page. :)





The last component to be built was the mounted cannon on top. I was spoilt for choice here with many suitable leftover parts.


The black hooks at the middle bottom served a purpose of securing the robot mode chest. 


Initially  I plan to use the turntable part to build a rotating cannon, but decided to scrap the idea: The turntable is too big and looked ugly when applied.


One of the final enhancements are the application of fin parts connected to white bars to the rear of the vehicle.






TRANSFORM!




ps: It's easier to push the head out at this point  from under the chest (above)



... than prying it out from the cockpit (above)



ROBOT MODE

Spotted the flaw yet? Keep looking!




The decision of not using the turntable to make the cannon rotatable led to a less bulkier back kibble, the extra advantage I didn't foresee ... not until I transform him to robot mode.














Pat yourself on the back if you managed to spot the flaw I mentioned earlier! The flaw is located on his knee... where the position of the transparent rounded tile is not symmetrical for both sides.

BUILDING INSTRUCTIONS

Building Instructions in the form of a video tutorial , is located at the bottom of this page. Before you get started, please sort your parts according to the photos below. 

Arms and Legs








The Rest






VIDEO TUTORIAL


Click here if video is not showing above.

Thank you for following my video tutorial! For more building instructions of my previous LEGO creations, click here please.  Have fun!

1 comment:

  1. if you ever make a version 5 can you please not use the bar clip piece, I don't have one

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...