Featured Post

Buy My "LEGO" Transformers designs in Barweer and Amazon.

  I am happy to announce that some of my LEGO Transformers designs have become official products under a few 3rd party building block brands...

Wednesday, April 21, 2021

Video Tutorial: Transformer Tankmech from LEGO 76146: Spider-man mech

 


Well uhmm... this creation here is not a Transformer (sentient robot in disguise) per-se, but a transforming mech suit for Spidey.


PROLOGUE

Last year, I used set 76146: Spider-man mech to build a Transformer eeer... transforming jet mech (video below). 


Video not showing? click here please.
 
The jet nosecone were built in a fragile manner and tend to pop off during handling. 

Recently , after deprived of new sets to build, I revisited this set again in hope to build a better alternate mode this time!

ABOUT THIS PROJECT

This project was inspired by my earlier one, Thundertank from Emmet's Triple Decker couch mechSo I took most of the design ideas from there.


The spider web parts is now retooled to become the cannon pieces.








Cannons deployed!



More cannons deployed!






To those eagled-eyed owners who has this set, you might notice something is off with the photos above. Scratching your head? keep browsing this page to find out what is it!

TRANSFORM!






MECH MODE


Due to design limitations.... Spidey needs to hunch forward in order to wear this mech suit properly.




The white cannons on his legs  might assists in stabilizing the mech in more dynamic poses.










Thanks for reaching this far ! I mentioned about an "anomaly" only some of you can spot. Here it is!

The Spidey minifigure I used here is not the official one that came with the set (76146).... coz I've misplaced mine (I hope he's merely under a sofa somewhere, waiting to be rescued)!  

So I am forced to use an alternative Spidey minifigure with a different motive on his suit.

BUILDING INSTRUCTIONS

Building Instructions in the form of a video tutorial , is located at the bottom of this page. Before you get started, please sort your parts according to the photos below. 









VIDEO TUTORIAL


Click here if video is not showing above.

Thank you for following my video tutorial! For more building instructions of my previous LEGO creations, click here please.  Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...