Featured Post

Buy My "LEGO" Transformers designs in Barweer and Amazon.

  I am happy to announce that some of my LEGO Transformers designs have become official products under a few 3rd party building block brands...

Friday, April 16, 2021

Video Tutorial: Transformer Buffalo from LEGO set 31073: Mythical Creatures

 


This project was spawned from my earlier project failure actually. Which one?


Well, this one! (below, more info here). The Transformer White lion project initially started as a wild boar, but I failed to design a proper beast head that resembled one.  


So, not soon after.... I decided to use set 31073 to create another beast-former , a more brutish creature this time .  The decision to proceed with a bull/buffalo was made after I manage to design its beast head successfully. Some of the transformation I failed to apply in the lion above, was implemented in this project Buffalo.



Do You Know....

This is my third time using the set above to build a Transformer. My previous attempt was a Batwing (video below) , and few years earlier... a Scorpion Transformer


Click here if video is not showing.


BUFFALO MODE

I'm very tempted to name him Tantrum...an official  Transformer character  that turned into a Buffalo and a member of team Predacon.  Unlike the official Predacons that could merge to become combiner Predaking.... my "Tantrum" here could not.  








I really enjoyed sculpting the beast head. Such opportunity seldom comes by when building alternate design from official LEGO sets, where I prioritize building the head last. 




Left with quite a few hinged parts after building this beast...they're used to build the  tail.




TRANSFORM!



Robot arms tucked inside the beast body was a failed implementation from my project White Lion mentioned earlier. It works fairly good here though.


robot legs (trans)formation was pioneered few years ago with a Beast Wars Transformer Giraffe I made then.





ROBOT MODE



The head-to-body ratio is off the chart here! 



I don't always get what I aimed to achieve in all my projects. One fine example here:  I tried to turn the tail into a hand held gun, but failed .  And I'm not keen on detaching the tail to become a whip for him to hold either!












BUILDING INSTRUCTIONS

Building Instructions in the form of a video tutorial , is located at the bottom of this page. Before you get started, please sort your parts according to the photos below. 

Arms





Legs





Head and Body








VIDEO TUTORIAL


Video not showing? Click here please.

Thank you for following my video tutorial! For more building instructions of my previous LEGO creations, click here please.  Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...