Featured Post

Buy My "LEGO" Transformers designs in Barweer and Amazon.

  I am happy to announce that some of my LEGO Transformers designs have become official products under a few 3rd party building block brands...

Friday, July 28, 2023

Video Tutorial: Transformer Earthspark Megatron from LEGO Ninjago 71746: Jungle Dragon

 

This project have been in limbo for far too long!

PROLOGUE

Transformers:Earthspark is one of the more recent Transformers cartoon series to hit the streets (circa 2022).   Earthspark Megatron (toy) caught my eyes immediately due to the initial perception of simple* Transformers at a glance, especially his arms .

*I found out later on that he has pretty engaging transformations from video reviews of his toy!


Few months back, I built my first Earthspark Megatron  using set 31115 (below) .


ABOUT THIS CREATION

This creation is my second attempt in building Earthspark Megatron, using Ninjago set this time (set 71746: Jungle Dragon). I kept having a feeling that this project was started earlier than the one mentioned above (set 31115)  , but I couldn't really confirm it.


Things went well for a week or two after I initiated this project,  until (yes! again)   I hit a few frustrating obstacles.  



There are adequate joints and hinges to achieve the transformation to robot mode. I actually have leftovers to build the rotor mechanism. 


Initially, the rotor blades were designed using mixel ball joints connected to technic parts  in a sloppy manner . They're not able to spin freely , and not pleasing to the eyes either.  Frustrated for not able to improve the design at that moment, I cast  aside this project for a while! 


Returning back months later, with  a fresh new outlook this time..I finally able to design the free spinning rotors.  


 


The last component to be applied was the cannon. I still prefer the vehicle mode without the mounted cannon though, since it kinda obscure the cockpit /windshield.


One of the biggest challenge is getting the curvy vehicle front to look good. My initial design was flat and I was having problem finding the right parts to be used as windshield (that required 2 halves). Finally, as you can see from the photos.... 2 pearl gold jagged blades were used to mimic the windshield.  



TRANSFORM!





ROBOT MODE




The head was designed at an early stage of this project. Initially  I used 2 wedges of different colors as his 'hair'  (green and dark red), as if one side was dyed, making him looked more rebellious.  Sadly, I need all the green wedge pieces  to complete the rotor blades, so his hair now is uniformly in dark red.


 

 


MORE POSES


 

 


With Earthspark Megatron using set 31115. I was surprised to see they're almost the same height , despite this current one is far more complicated and using more parts to achieve.


BUILDING INSTRUCTIONS

Building Instructions in the form of a video tutorial , is located at the bottom of this page. 

Before you get started, please sort your parts according to the photos below. 

Arms 

 

 

Shoulders and Thighs

 

 


Left Leg

  

 

Right Leg


 

 

Body


 

 






VIDEO TUTORIAL

 

If video is not showing above, click here please.

Thank you for following my video tutorial! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...