Featured Post

Buy My "LEGO" Transformers designs in Barweer and Amazon.

  I am happy to announce that some of my LEGO Transformers designs have become official products under a few 3rd party building block brands...

Friday, July 7, 2023

Video Tutorial: Transformer Space cruiser from LEGO Creator 31134: Space shuttle

 

This creation almost never got made at all!

PROLOGUE

In the past years,  I've been using LEGO Marvel Mech sets to churn out many, many Transformers. However, this year's Marvel Mech Armor sets are getting more expensive and to put salt to the wound, they contains lesser ball joints than the ones released from years prior. 

So, I turned my attention and shift my budget to other LEGO sets of similar price. My first choice was the Creator Unicorn set (below). Even though it doesn't seem to contain ball joints, but there are some hinges on its legs.


So about two months ago I found myself in a LEGO store with  the set above on sale, and the similar priced Creator 31134: Space Shuttle next to it. As fate would have it , I picked the latter out of sudden impulse (and vow to come back again in the future for the Unicorn). 


I enjoyed building all 3 models from the set above, and the shuttle is bigger than expected . The box art doesn't do the set   justice. The price I paid for the set ,  used to be the price for a deluxe sized Hasbro Transformer more than 10 years ago! And this LEGO shuttle  is almost the same scale with  a typical Voyager sized Transformer toy!  Incredible value for money!

ABOUT THIS PROJECT

Days after the set was acquired,  my first attempt to build a Transformer using it  was a failure and this is expected really. I tried experimenting with the hinges and hit a wall for many days. So I put  it aside for more than 1 month.


I gave it a crack again just a few days ago and succeeded ! This creation was finally completed in a day!


 

 



TRANSFORM!





ROBOT MODE




The hinged shoulder pads were last minute enhancements to this creation, making the arms less saggy.  Reverse-Murphy's law struck me here. They folded in just nice in the vehicle mode .


 


MORE POSES




Despite his small footprint, he can manage to stand on one leg with no problem !


What a kicker!


The pose above was inspired by a mystical move from one of world's greatest anime cartoon!

BUILDING INSTRUCTIONS

Building Instructions in the form of a video tutorial , is located at the bottom of this page. 

Before you get started, please sort your parts according to the photos below. 

Arms



Legs



The Rest



 



VIDEO TUTORIAL


Video not showing? Click here please

Thank you for following my video tutorial! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...