Featured Post

Buy My "LEGO" Transformers designs in Barweer and Amazon.

  I am happy to announce that some of my LEGO Transformers designs have become official products under a few 3rd party building block brands...

Friday, May 27, 2022

Video Tutorial: Transformer Jetfire aka VF-1 Valkyrie from LEGO Creator 31102: Fire Dragon

 

Started end of last year , I was almost done building this creation in 2 weeks. Then I deliberately put it in "cold storage" (not literally of course!). Why? Well...



I was not so satisfied with the initial head design, as I couldn't tuck it inside the jet mode snugly.  Hoping  to revisit this project months later  with better ways to improve it, but nope,  I was absolutely stumped.  And it's been more than 5 months, and I can sense my enthusiasm is waning,

Recently I had a relevation that set 31102: Fire Dragon used for this project , can be potentially used for another Transformer with a different alternate mode (cue rounded plates) . So I must quickly put a closure to this one, publish it, then move on to the next.

Set 31102 was released 2 years ago, and I had made 5 Transformers from it (click here to view previous ones).


A bat-former built with set 31102


ABOUT THIS PROJECT

This creation was heavily inspired from VF-1 Valkyrie fighter jet from Macross anime series.

 



This project was started at the same weekend where I also built a Valkyrie using LEGO Ninjago set 71707 (click here to view it)








Due to the tail fins being too tall, I need to prop the jet up with external LEGO parts not from set 31102.





GERWALK MODE



Let your imagination run wild!  Did you see a big-headed old man with flappy arms  wearing a helmet and elf shoes in the photo above?












The light gray ball joint stub at the back was initially meant to hold a panel to fill up the rear of the jet mode. But I finally delegated the mass to the legs instead.


ROBOT MODE









MORE ROBOT POSES









BUILDING INSTRUCTIONS

Building Instructions in the form of a video tutorial , is located at the bottom of this page. 

Before you get started, please sort your parts according to the photos below. 

Arms 


Left Leg



Right Leg



Thighs and Nosecone




Body





VIDEO TUTORIAL


Video not showing? Click here please.

Thank you for following my video tutorial! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...