Featured Post

Buy My "LEGO" Transformers designs in Barweer and Amazon.

  I am happy to announce that some of my LEGO Transformers designs have become official products under a few 3rd party building block brands...

Friday, June 3, 2022

Video Tutorial: Transformer Landspeeder (Star Wars) from LEGO Creator 31115: Space Mining Mech (31115_landspeeder)

 

I can't believe this  I let this vehicle mode gone under my radar!

PROLOGUE

It was a fine Saturday morning about few weeks ago that I decided to dismantle a bunch of my previous Transformers made from official LEGO sets, in hope to build newer ones obviously.   The Transformer Submarine from  set 31115 Space Mining Mech was one of the casualties. 

It was chosen because the TF Submarine made from the set was a regression from its predecessor . In other words, I didn't like it.


LEGO 76341: Luke Skywalker's Landspeeder

While I was brainstorming what to build next , I noticed the tan curved plates in the pile of set 31115 parts, and my mind immediately thought of  a Landspeeder. This small humble vehicle from Star Wars was never in my mind before. Perhaps I was influenced by the recently released official LEGO UCS* Luke Skywalker's  Landspeeder (set 76341).

*That's Ultimate Collectors Series

Guess that's my cue. So I quickly got to work! And oh yes, the transparent dome windshield helped as well.





Front halves of the vehicle aligned by tabbing them to the yellow piece. To took me quite alot of time figure out in the end of the project.



The asymmetric nature of the middle rear engine  (with orange tip)  was not a personal design choice. I was forced to do so to comply with the transformation to robot mode.





GUEST APPEARANCE...


Luke is busy elsewhere and I can't contact him (nor his agent) to drop by here.





He can do this all day!



TRANSFORM!




Untab both vehicle front halves from the yellow panel. 


The middle engine requires the ball joint to be oriented in such a way that it can be folded horizontally to form the chest, instead of jutting out in its original position.



ROBOT MODE





Due how how the feet are designed (arched heel syndrome?) , standing straight pose like above is less stable than action poses. To improve the stability, you can try to bent the pelvic joints one click  inwards (body thrusting forward). 




"For the last time... Cap, I am NOT related to Ultron!"







ACTION POSES

Knee bending poses like below are very stable, luckily.













BUILDING INSTRUCTIONS

Building Instructions in the form of a video tutorial , is located at the bottom of this page. 

Before you get started, please sort your parts according to the photos below. 


UPDATE 05/06/2022:  Solution for thigh design  problem

A problem with the thigh design was discovered, preventing the vehicle mode from forming. Refer to the image below for solution on how to fix it. (simply shift the position of yellow plates)


Arms





Legs







ENGINE AND KIBBLE




BODY






VIDEO TUTORIAL


Video not showing? Click here please

Thank you for following my video tutorial!  I'll produce more Transformers from set 31115 for sure! Do come back again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...