Featured Post

Buy My "LEGO" Transformers designs in Barweer and Amazon.

  I am happy to announce that some of my LEGO Transformers designs have become official products under a few 3rd party building block brands...

Friday, July 9, 2021

Video Tutorial: Transformer Vic Viper from LEGO Creator set 31086: Futuristic flyer

 


Help! I'm running out of names for my LEGO Transformers!!!

PROLOGUE

About 2 years ago, I acquired LEGO set 31086 and built the first Transformer from it, and name it "Space Cruiser". (video tutorial here). As the maiden TF from the set... shall I say... he had a bad case of underdeveloped feet..


Almost a year later, I built my 2nd TF using the same set, and named it "Twinjet" , due to the jet mode having 2 cockpits.


Months later....I gave the set a 3rd try... and Transformer Space jet was born, and blessed with a bit of toes.


Video not showing? Click here please.

And finally, back to this project.... the alternate mode is still a space cruiser, but this term is too generic for me. If I really used it... shall it be called Spacer cruiser v2 or Space Cruiser v4?  Confusing either way!

ABOUT THIS PROJECT


In the past, I remembered seeing many LEGO space cruisers with sharp forward-facing wing configurations at the front , with the cockpit at the back (imagine A-wing with a chunk missing at the middle) . But their actual names eluded me then.  I decided to build one anyway!


I only discovered the term "Vic Viper" (thanks Google!) when I started to prepare this blog entry and scrambling to find a proper name for it. 


The main challenge this time is to build something unique that looks different from its earlier 3 incarnations.


The set contains many wing plates for me to utilize, and I usually able to use them all in my creations. But for this project, I omitted quite a few of them, especially the longest gray wing parts (below) that were implemented successfully in my earlier 3 versions.







Early in this project, I designed a chunkier vehicle rear that could conceal the robot head better . A hinge allowed it to be folded to the back in robot mode. But I was forced to abandon this design because I need the hinges to be applied elsewhere to serve a more important purpose.  


Hinges were relocated to the front of the vehicle to prop up the wings (note the white fins below the wings).  I just need 2 actually to make this work.  A bonus from such design was... I accidentally discovered 2 more fins can be connected as well and positioned horizontally to create a sleeker wings design! This is a "2 birds with one stone" moment indeed!

TRANSFORM!              

Most of the transforming action are visible underneath the vehicle mode.





ROBOT MODE

Most of my LEGO Transformers chest design were "stud-facing-forward". This one is the exact opposite. 


















BUILDING INSTRUCTIONS

Building Instructions in the form of a video tutorial , is located at the bottom of this page. 

Before you get started, please sort your parts according to the photos below. 

Arms




Legs


The Rest






VIDEO TUTORIAL


Video not showing? Click here please

Thank you for following my video tutorial!  Click here to view my other creations with LEGO set 31086.

For more building instructions of my previous LEGO creations, click here please.  Have fun!  


1 comment:

  1. I am a kid and I really enjoy your awesome Transformers!Can you please make a transformer out of set 76171? It would really mean a lot to me p.s. I look at your page every day.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...