Featured Post

Buy My "LEGO" Transformers designs in Barweer and Amazon.

  I am happy to announce that some of my LEGO Transformers designs have become official products under a few 3rd party building block brands...

Friday, July 30, 2021

Video Tutorial: Transformer Butterfly from LEGO 31099 and Marvel Mech Armor

 


LEGO Creator set 31099: Propeller Plane was bought around end of last year. Despite the healthy parts count, small round plates took up a large number of those parts.  I was left with minimal useful parts for my LEGO Transformers attempts.


Refusing to give up on this set so soon, I started building my first Transformer from this set by merging them with LEGO Marvel 76146: Spider Man mech armor, and published it early this year.


Video not showing above? Click here please!

Not content with the creation above, I dismantled it and so.... Project Butterfly was started!

ABOUT PROJECT BUTTERFLY 

This Transformer requires set 31099 and a bunch of ball joints, commonly found in a single Marvel Mech Armor set (below):


  • 76140: Iron Man Mech Armor
  • 76141: Thanos Mech Armor
  • 76146: Spider-man Mech Armor
  • 76168: Captain America Mech Armor
  • 76169: Thor Mech Armor
  • 76171: Miles Morales Mech Armor
Note: If you don't have any sets listed, but  have the necessary ball joints shown in the image above , you're good to go! 





CONFESSION TIME!

This creation was completed almost 3 months ago, but I decided to put it aside as a "filler", prioritizing my other recent stuff you seen recently.  This is because it requires parts from 2 LEGO sets to be built, and I foresee it won't be as popular as my other creations made using a single LEGO set.





TRIVIA!

You might noticed recent videos of my airborne LEGO Transformers were propped up via  a semi-transparent pillar . Well,  this creation was the one that started it all as I need to keep the butterfly mode upright rather than falls flat in the photos here.



BONUS SPACE CRUISER MODE!

After tweaking around with the butterfly mode above, I managed to crank out a space cruiser mode too! 









TRANSFORM!

The utter simplicity of this creation's transformation will be hard to beat for a long long time to come.




ROBOT MODE


Does the head looks familiar?









BUILDING INSTRUCTIONS

Building Instructions in the form of a video tutorial , is located at the bottom of this page. Before you get started, please sort your parts according to the photos below. 

Arms and Legs





Wings



Body




VIDEO TUTORIAL


Video not showing? Click here please. 

Thank you for following my video tutorial! 

  • More free building instructions  (mostly from official LEGO sets)
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...