Featured Post

Buy My "LEGO" Transformers designs in Barweer and Amazon.

  I am happy to announce that some of my LEGO Transformers designs have become official products under a few 3rd party building block brands...

Friday, July 16, 2021

Video Tutorial: Transformer Jet Plane from LEGO Creator 31102: Fire Dragon

 


This project actually predates the recent 4 (or 5 )  LEGO Transformer I published. 


I built this guy around March (4 months ago). The reason why it took me this long to finalize it was that I have misplaced a few parts from set 31102 !  I tried to complete this creation without those missing pieces,   and I did actually, at one point. But it resulted in a clumsy design on the tail fin.

In the end.. I still need one of the missing parts to finish this project. I found a perfect workaround by using  parts from my inventory that mimic that missing part! It's not obvious really in the photos since I keep everything concealed nicely.

Talking about set 31102., I had made 3 Transformers from this set before. (click here to view them), and the most recent one is below:



ABOUT THIS PROJECT

Well,  like what I mentioned in my project here with similar vehicle mode, this Transformer was inspired by a LEGO builder that created very cool looking planes with half circular wings at the front and short, rounded fuselage on its back. 



The fuselage /cockpit was  built in "upside down" manner rather than conventional studs on top. This is because I need to connect the yellow inverted wedge to become the windshield.  





The full-frontal wings shaping were the first components to be completed with minimal changes throughout.



The tail fins took me the most time to perfect. 






TRANSFORM!



The idea for feet transformation was thought out first very early on in this project.


His feet reminds me so much of Hermes, the Greek God of speed, wearing winged sandals on his feet.




One of the final changes I made before wrapping this project up was lengthening his arms by a stud longer. This was made possible by redesigning his legs/wings a lil'.
\
ROBOT MODE

This is my preferred orientation of his back kibble, so I shall keep it that way. 



The bulge on his crotch was another last minute enhancements I made, after noticing his flat side profile.







MORE! MORE!







BUILDING INSTRUCTIONS

Building Instructions in the form of a video tutorial , is located at the bottom of this page. 

Before you get started, please sort your parts according to the photos below. 

Arms


Legs




The Rest







VIDEO TUTORIAL


Click here if video is not showing above.


Thank you for following my video tutorial! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...