Featured Post

Buy My "LEGO" Transformers designs in Barweer and Amazon.

  I am happy to announce that some of my LEGO Transformers designs have become official products under a few 3rd party building block brands...

Friday, August 6, 2021

Video Tutorial: LEGO Transformer Star Destroyer (Star Wars) from set 31058 Mighty Dinosaurs

 


This project here is pretty accidental. My initial plan was  a triple changer Transformer from set 31058....


.... but some tinkering  led to what you see now :the iconic spaceship from Star Wars:  the Imperial Star Destroyer! 



RECAP 

Before this, I had built four Transformers using set 31058  (click here to view all of them), spanning over a period of almost 5 years, with a huge gap between the 1st and 2nd one!  Below is one of the more recent one:


Click here if video above is not showing.

ABOUT THIS PROJECT

In the beginning of this project, I remembered quickly ditching the generic triple changer prospect  after few hours of building, where I managed to coerce my prototype to shape like a wedge. That was when eureka moment struck.   


Another motivation to proceed with Star Destroyer mode is that I prefer to create something pop-culture-isque / relatable to many of you geeks and sci-fi fans out there, compared to just another generic/nameless creation.



I didn't plan ahead to anticipate how the final design will look like, allowing myself to go with the flow as usual.  The transparent orange dome at both sides of the control tower were purely incidental! 




Getting the shaping of the ship to be as sleek as possible  comes with a tradeoff. Keep browsing to find out more.





Trying hard to replicate the 3 engines  at the back of the ship mode with leftover parts.  I must admit the middle one was a lil' half baked and lacking symmetry.

BONUS MID-TRANSFORMATION MODE!

This is one of the potential alternate mode for the triple changer I planned for this project. Looks pretty swooshable, huh.





TRANSFORM!







ROBOT MODE



With a bulky chest, he might not be the most good-looking TF I made with set 31058.





Yep.... the consequences of having a sleek spaceship mode:   clown shoes!!



ACTION POSES

Just like Transformer Unicron , where his robot mode is the most lethal one....  the robot mode for my Transformer Star Destroyer can actually destroy stars with his bare hands... if he gets real mad.











BUILDING INSTRUCTIONS

Building Instructions in the form of a video tutorial , is located at the bottom of this page. 

Before you get started, please sort your parts according to the photos below. 

Arms


Legs




The Rest






VIDEO TUTORIAL


Video not showing? Click here please

Thank you for following my video tutorial! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...