Featured Post

Buy My "LEGO" Transformers designs in Barweer and Amazon.

  I am happy to announce that some of my LEGO Transformers designs have become official products under a few 3rd party building block brands...

Friday, November 17, 2023

Video Tutorial: Transformer Microscope /Perceptor from LEGO Creator 31115: Space Mining Mech

 

Here I go again!

PROLOGUE

LEGO Creator 31115: Space Mining Mech  (below) was released about 2 years ago, and you simply can't believe how many Transformers I had made using this set!

Click here for all my creations built using set above so far!

I first made a LEGO Transformer with  microscope mode back in the year 2019, and again... you simply can't believe  how many more microscope Transformers I had made so far! (Click here to find out)

OK... SO HE IS  PERCEPTOR

Each time I published a LEGO Microscope TF , the usual feedbacks will always mentioned about Perceptor... an official G1 Transformers character (below) with microscope mode.  Well , I guess they are Perceptors after all, due to popular perception...  despite bearing little resemblence to him except the alternate mode. 



ABOUT THIS PROJECT

One paradox I discovered while building this creation is that having more parts to utilize doesn't guarantees everything will be smooth. I actually had an easier time building microscope Transformers using Marvel Mech sets with less than 150 parts, compared to this set 31115  with 327 parts.


The hardest part of this project was designing the base turned robot legs.  Their complexity is obvious in the transformation photos you'll see later on.

 


The lens piece was the final component to be built.

 


SELF-AWARE MODE


These poses reminds me of the famous Pixar lamp.

 

TRANSFORM!

The very first step of transforming him: focus on the underside of the microscope . Unconventional, I know.

 

Swivel out the transparent green bricks to provide clearance for the legs to be folded out straight.




When legs have been folded out, swivel the transparent green brick back in, to secure the knees.


Again... reminder to swivel the transparent green parts back into the legs or else his robot mode will have problem with stability.


Finally, align the lens piece to the side , by masterfully swivel the hinges.

ROBOT MODE


 



 

MORE POSES




I gotta admit... I made some sort of a boo-boo at this point. Keep reading to find out more.

 

Standing straight robot poses  were stable,  but as soon as I snapped more action photos requiring knee bending, I faced some difficulty stabilizing him.  I should've done due diligence by improving his feet (wider footprints ) before finalizing this creation.  Arggggh....!

 



One thing I regretfully unable to achieve was placing his lens piece turned cannon nearer to his head, rather than at far  end of his shoulder.


 




BUILDING INSTRUCTIONS

Building Instructions in the form of a video tutorial , is located at the bottom of this page. 

Before you get started, please sort your parts according to the photos below. 

Arms





Left Leg




Right Leg



\
Lens




Body









VIDEO TUTORIAL




Thank you for following my video tutorial!  I'll produce more Transformers from set 31115 for sure! Do come back again!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...