Featured Post

Buy My "LEGO" Transformers designs in Barweer and Amazon.

  I am happy to announce that some of my LEGO Transformers designs have become official products under a few 3rd party building block brands...

Friday, November 3, 2023

Video Tutorial: Transformer Jet Plane from LEGO Creator 31133: Rabbit

 

This creation was inspired by one of my earlier LEGO Transformer actually.

PROLOGUE

Few months ago, I made a Transformer Jet plane using one Monkie Kid set. (vid below). 


The transformation was pretty simple , so I actually started a few more projects to mimic it. However... not all of them were satisfactory (aka requiring more experimentations) ,  except for this one, using Creator 31133: Rabbit




ABOUT THIS PROJECT

Well, jet plane /space cruiser is a low hanging mode  for LEGO Transformer , using a single LEGO set . One can crank up something swooshable and I'm proud to be guilty of doing so, as a filler between my other more inspiring creations.

So eventually almost all my LEGO sets on hand,  destined to be Transformerized, will have a chance to get a jet mode in the future.

 

One of the aim for this project was to utilize thechunky semi-circular parts found in set 31133. They're perfect as wings! 



After building the wings, I felt a strong feeling of having seen a plane/spacecraft with similar wing configuration before, but can't pinpoint exactly where, until....



.....I saw Star Trek IV in the TV while channel surfing about 2 weeks back. For the Trekkies out there, I'm sure you know what I am referring to ! 

   

 

TRANSFORM!




Most of the transformation complexity are on the back half of the jet mode. The nosecone merely split into 2 halves to form  the robot legs.


ROBOT MODE


 

He has limited head swivel range.  Luckily, his articulated waist joint makes up to this shortcoming.





 


MORE POSES

I gotta admit,  stabilizing him up in more dynamic poses requires patience, no thanks to the bulk of his wings.


 


 


BUILDING INSTRUCTIONS

Building Instructions in the form of a video tutorial , is located at the bottom of this page. 

Before you get started, please sort your parts according to the photos below. 

Arms



Legs

 

 

Wings

 

 

Body





VIDEO TUTORIAL



Thank you for following my video tutorial! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...