Featured Post

Buy My "LEGO" Transformers designs in Barweer and Amazon.

  I am happy to announce that some of my LEGO Transformers designs have become official products under a few 3rd party building block brands...

Friday, December 15, 2023

Video Tutorial: Transformer Snarl / Dinosaur Stegosaurus from LEGO Creator 31130: Sunken Treasure Mission

 

 The set used for this project  needs to do some catching up!

PROLOGUE

LEGO Creator 31130: Sunken Treasure Mission was released in the 2nd half of 2022. My first impression from the box art was pretty good... seeing the tons of articulated ball jointed arms forming the octopus tentacles. And the parts count is excellent too for the price.



And it's been more than a year since it's released, and prior to this project.... I only managed to build only two Transformers with the set, while most other sets I owned that were  released last year  had at least 3 Transformers made each.

ABOUT THIS PROJECT

This project was started as an experiment to make use of the many ball joints from the set mentioned above. And the aim was  to build an animal/beast Transformers, a mode I think is underrepresented in my creations.  

I think my experience building Dinobot Snarl  using set 31129 few months ago, rubbed off quite a bit in leading me here.

G1 Dinobot Snarl the Stegosaurus


 

I have many leftover parts to make an elaborate-looking tail, but I could not proceed since a long tail will cause his backside to buckle.


 

I am not too keen on having his hind legs spaced so far part, and I can't improve such design any further (no pun intended).  



With "Majestic Tiger" Snarl 


TRANSFORMATION



Unlatch robot legs from the side of the dino mode that was once semi-secured via the white round plates.




ROBOT MODE

In the youtube video of the robot mode, the leg configuration below seemed fine and pretty stable despite being rotated about on the turntable. However,  I was having problem  with stability while attempting to snap photos of him even standing straight.  

So.... the leg configuration below is NOT RECOMMENDED


The ones from below is the best configuration for his legs.  It makes him lankier , but more stable due to the body now thrusted forward more.


The rounded forearms were last minute enhancements after noticing how thin and flat they initially looked  in both dino and robot modes.



 

The light gray slopes on his shoulders were also one of the final enhancement I made before wrapping this project up. And I kinda regretted this halfway through photoshoot. (reason further below).

 



The white pegs on his flanks helped to secure the legs in dino mode.  Initially they were rounded studs , but extreme precision was needed to peg the robot legs to form the dino body. So I opted for a more forgiving white pegs instead.

More Poses


 

At this point of photoshoot where arms were extended, I discovered that the slopes on his shoulders is a bit of a hindrance.


 



 

BUILDING INSTRUCTIONS

Building Instructions in the form of a video tutorial , is located at the bottom of this page. 

IMPORTANT REMINDER: Spare pieces from set 31130 were needed to complete this creation. 

Before you get started, please sort your parts according to the photos below. 

Arms


\
Left Leg




Right Leg




The Rest



 

 




VIDEO TUTORIAL


Video not showing?  Click here please


Thank you for following my video tutorial! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...