Featured Post

Buy My "LEGO" Transformers designs in Barweer and Amazon.

  I am happy to announce that some of my LEGO Transformers designs have become official products under a few 3rd party building block brands...

Sunday, October 1, 2023

Video Tutorial: Transformer Microscope from LEGO Creator 31124: Super robot

 

Wow.... this one is long overdue!

PROLOGUE

Prior to this year, I made quite a number of Transformers  with microscope as alternate mode. While typing this, I took the liberty to check how long it has been.... and just as I expected... it's been almost a year!  Below is the my previous Transformer that features  microscope mode:


 
I remembered being told that I made too many microscope Transformers . LOL.  Well, I think a gap of a year (or few months)  between each one is enough to disperse this claim.


ABOUT THIS PROJECT

Set 31124: Super robot was chosen here , simply because of the good number of ball joints  it offered. And also.. it's a pretty recent set, which I prioritize in utilizing.






To  be frank, this is yet again a mundane project to me, with very little design challenges. 

 




 

Initially I applied the red wings on the scope lens itself, but I think they're needed more on the base  



TRANSFORMATION

 

Untab the arms from the main body. This tabbing mechanism (thanks to the 1x6 yellow tile) was a pleasant discovery.

 

ROBOT MODE


Pleases stop and apprecciate the chestplate design, made from not having the luxury of studs facing outwards for me to tile up. 



 

 


Parts utilization for this project is at an impressive 96% ! Only about 6 parts left unused from a total of 162 from set 31124! 



 



 


BUILDING INSTRUCTIONS

Building Instructions in the form of a video tutorial , is located at the bottom of this page. 

Before you get started, please sort your parts according to the photos below. 


Arms 





Legs





Lens



Body







VIDEO TUTORIAL



Thank you for following my video tutorial!  I'll produce more Transformers from set 31124 for sure! Do come back again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...