Featured Post

Buy My "LEGO" Transformers designs in Barweer and Amazon.

  I am happy to announce that some of my LEGO Transformers designs have become official products under a few 3rd party building block brands...

Friday, September 22, 2023

Video Tutorial: Transformer Hover tank from LEGO Monkie Kid 80040: Combi Mech

 


This project was started to make up for the "shortcomings" in the previous project using set 80040


About 2 months ago... I rolled out a Transformer made using LEGO Monkie Kid 80040: Combi Mech.(below)


In the project above,  I tried hard to utilize the red car fender parts  into my creation, and failed.  I told myself, perhaps some other time. And so, that time has come.

ABOUT THIS PROJECT


This creation actually started life as a hover car. As the design progressed, I found myself having to weaponize it to complete the robot mode.

 


I encountered very little dilemma when building this creation. The only major one was whether to have the sticker motive on the flags (forming front hood) to be visible in vehicle mode, or hide them.
 
 

The cannons can be tilted to aim higher.

 


TRANSFORM!




My most satisfying design challenge falls on the red flag pieces placed over the head to hide it in vehicle mode. It's elegant and it works!

ROBOT MODE




 

 

 

The tank cannons forming the robot feet. Earlier intention as mentioned, was a hover car  mode but I can't find ways to built the feet without resorting to using the cones , doubling up as cannons.

The  heels are literally his Achilles heels.... as those cones easily popped out. This reminds me of the official bird mode in LEGO set 31133 with cone parts as its feet, a fragile design choice.



MORE ACTION POSES


Due to his flat feet, for some action poses to be stable.... this require his ankles to be tilted in an awkward manner.

 




 


BUILDING INSTRUCTIONS

Building Instructions in the form of a video tutorial , is located at the bottom of this page. 

Before you get started, please sort your parts according to the photos below. 

Arms






Legs





Body







VIDEO TUTORIAL



Thank you for following my video tutorial! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...