Featured Post

Buy My "LEGO" Transformers designs in Barweer and Amazon.

  I am happy to announce that some of my LEGO Transformers designs have become official products under a few 3rd party building block brands...

Friday, October 13, 2023

Video Tutorial: Transformer Tank from LEGO Creator 31102: Fire Dragon

 


Set 31102 is one of the very few sets I called a "powerhouse"....


..this means its versatility is impressive enough for me to produce many alternate Transformers with it! I actually lost count of how many TF I made using the set the past few years . (click here to find out).

As far as I know, it's been more than a year since I made anything using this set. The last one was Jetfire aka Macross Valkyrie more than a year ago. (video below).


ABOUT THIS CREATION

Of all the Transformers I made using set 31102, I think I  have yet to make  one with a tank mode . And so it goes I finally able to take a crack on this last month.   The tank mode was heavily inspired by Demolisher , a character from Transformers: Armada cartoon series back in the early 2000s (below).


The picture above is a bit mistransformed.  All the cannons should point forward instead of back. 



TANK MODE


This mode is not possible without my prior Transformers tank alternative creations (like  this Armada Megatron) , where I discovered the white teeth parts in decent numbers... can be used to design the tank treads. 





 


Yeah I know the cannon barrels are a bit short compared to Demolisher where I paid homage to.


 


I love symmetry. However.... scarcity of parts forced me to design the tank to be slightly assymetrical at the front. I think it's a non issue since most tank (fictional or realistic) are assymmetry anyway on the surface.

 

A quirk in the design caused the range of the cannons to be affected. 



TRANSFORM!




 

The elegant idea of obsfucating the robot head with panels came from my earlier project here


ROBOT MODE
 


 
  



Initially intended to add bulk to the tank mode,  it's a pure co-incident I am able to unfold them to become heels to further stabilize his robot mode.

 


After photos were all snapped up... I felt a bit regretful not making his waist thicker with remaining parts from the set. 

MORE POSES


 



 

 


BUILDING INSTRUCTIONS

Building Instructions in the form of a video tutorial , is located at the bottom of this page. 

Before you get started, please sort your parts according to the photos below. 

Arms






Left Leg

 

 

Right Leg





Body






VIDEO TUTORIAL



Thank you for following my video tutorial! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...