Featured Post

Buy My "LEGO" Transformers designs in Barweer and Amazon.

  I am happy to announce that some of my LEGO Transformers designs have become official products under a few 3rd party building block brands...

Friday, February 24, 2023

Video Tutorial: Transformer VTOL Aircraft from LEGO Creator 31133: Rabbit

 

You simply won't believe how long I took to complete this project!

PROLOGUE

LEGO Creator 31133: Rabbit was released at the beginning of this year (2023) and it was an immediate purchase! I have received many requests to build a Transformer using this set, too! 

 However...days into purchasing the set... it was set aside, since  I  was busy celebrating Chinese New Year .. and this year is the Year of the Rabbit in Chinese Zodiac/Calendar. Well played, LEGO! 


I actually enjoyed building all 3 models from set 31133 above, and I even posted a few shorts in my youtube channel about them! Finally , it's time for me to dismantle the models and tinker around with the parts inside!

ABOUT THIS PROJECT

Thus project was started last weekend, in the late evening, with little expectations. And everything wrapped up by day 3 ! Initially I planned to go slow and  schedule the release of this creation/tutorial next month.  But I think expediting this , is the right thing to do... since it's a new set and in great demand by you guys... my fellow supporters and fans!
 

 

My initial spark of inspiration came from the big rounded plates from the set.  I immediately thought of Windblade , a official fembot Transformer and scrambled to google more photos about her and try to replicate her design.  





This figure might not be as sleek as Windblade...but still pretty close, I guess. 



I'm very pleased with how everything tabbed together nicely in vehicle mode instead of just floating about.


 


PARKED MODE



When building the official cockatoo model from set 31133, those black cones forming its feet kept popping off. This gave me  a stigma whether I should use them in this project or not as the the jet thrusters. I succumbed since the mostly-white engines will look really bland without them.



TRANSFORM






FEMBOT MODE

 

Initially I applied quarter curved bricks on the shoulders to bulk them  up (like WindBlade), then I found out I no longer building a Windblade, so it's not necessary to mimic her design to the tee. So I decided to change to a more humble round tile in the final design. 


 

I'm spoilt for choice on what piece to apply on her knees. I almost ended up placing the clamshell pieces there. But they're too weird.

 

I loved symmetry and seldom build non symmetrical Transformers . However.... I'm slowly embracing subtle asymmetric design . Note how her head is topped off in such a way. 

ATTACK MODE



 


The pointy butt is the final finishing touches to this creation to offset the the huge bulk on her upper back.

 


Earlier in the project, I designed the soles in such a way that the studs were facing down (think  calluses), in hope those "bumps"  can make the feet slightly  tilted and angled when posed.

 

Finally, I decided a flat feet would be more practical for stability's sake.



MURPHY'S LAW STRUCK AGAIN !!!

After photos were snapped and videos were taken for this creation, I discovered the presence of a stray part NOT from set 31133.  Beats me how it ended up there.



Luckily.....  this unwelcomed white part can be substituted with the exact part , in tan color.. which is found from set 31133. And video tutorial will reflect this changes. Phew! 


BUILDING INSTRUCTIONS

Building Instructions in the form of a video tutorial , is located at the bottom of this page. 

Before you get started, please sort your parts according to the photos below. 

Arms


Left Leg

 

Right Leg

 


Cockpit



Body

 

 


The Rest



VIDEO TUTORIAL


Video not showing? Click here please.


Thank you for following my video tutorial! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...