Featured Post

Buy My "LEGO" Transformers designs in Barweer and Amazon.

  I am happy to announce that some of my LEGO Transformers designs have become official products under a few 3rd party building block brands...

Friday, March 10, 2023

Video Tutorial: Transformer Manta Ray from LEGO Ninjago 71718: Wu's Battle Dragon

 



I contemplated long and hard before deciding to start this project about a month ago.


This is because its predecessor, Vector Primebuilt using set 71718 , was really good and I loved it so much... that I kept it intact for almost a year , proudly displayed on my shelves.   I constantly reminded myself not to be too vested towards my LEGO creations. Finally I took the courage to dismantle Vector Prime  and quickly initiate this project.



ABOUT THIS PROJECT

This is the 5th Transformer I made with LEGO Ninjago 71718. Click here to view the previous ones.   



 This one took me about 2 weeks to complete and I actually decided to build it sparingly. I  felt this time around, no matter how hard I try to refine it...   it still looked pretty much the same.  Another reason is that I think I should be focusing my energy on newer LEGO sets instead. So there!


 

The dual-stinger on the tail served an important purpose which you will see why later.


The tail was the last component to be build... in matters of 10 minutes before I wrap everything up for photo shoot. 







 

TRANSFORM!


 



Note how the multi-hinged  tail can be folded in many ways,  as long as the stinger ended up aligned to his pelvis and adding mass to each side.

ROBOT MODE


 


 


MORE POSES


 


 


BUILDING INSTRUCTIONS

Building Instructions in the form of a video tutorial , is located at the bottom of this page. 

Before you get started, please sort your parts according to the photos below. 

Arms





Legs





Body









VIDEO TUTORIAL


Video not showing? Click here please


Thank you for following my video tutorial! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...