Featured Post

Buy My "LEGO" Transformers designs in Barweer and Amazon.

  I am happy to announce that some of my LEGO Transformers designs have become official products under a few 3rd party building block brands...

Friday, February 10, 2023

Video Tutorial: Transformer Insecticon Shrapnel from LEGO Creator set 31088: Deep Sea Creatures

 


I can't believe I let a whole year pass me by without building something from set 31088 !


PROLOGUE

Prior to this project, I had made 5 Transformers  from set 31088, and the most recent one was an tank (below), more than a year ago!


ABOUT THIS PROJECT

This project paid homage to an official G1 Transformer named Shrapnel  from team Insecticons. He turned into a mechanical Stag beetle. Shrapnel, apparently... is my favorite member of all the 3 G1 Insecticons  as well. (below):




I remembered building Shrapnel (his insect mode actually)  with the first LEGO I ever owned (set 6656 tow truck!) as a child.


INSECT MODE


 



I decided to start this project after I noticed the red claw parts from the set seemed suitable to form the insect legs.



 

 


TRANSFORM!


 


The triangular shaped heels are hinged to adapt to various robot poses and stabilize them.  



ROBOT MODE


 

This time around, the head is NOT the final component to be built. It's the extra padding on his butt, from leftover parts.



 

 

I think he looks good too with both mandibles folded down on his back.

 

MORE POSES



 


 

BUILDING INSTRUCTIONS

Building Instructions in the form of a video tutorial , is located at the bottom of this page. 

Before you get started, please sort your parts according to the photos below. 

Arms and Mandibles

 

  

Left Leg

 



Right Leg

 



Body

 


 



VIDEO TUTORIAL


Click here if video is not showing.


Thank you for following my video tutorial! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...