Featured Post

Buy My "LEGO" Transformers designs in Barweer and Amazon.

  I am happy to announce that some of my LEGO Transformers designs have become official products under a few 3rd party building block brands...

Friday, February 3, 2023

Video Tutorial: Transformer Space Cruiser from LEGO Creator set 31125: Fantasy Forest Creatures

 


The image above simply undermines what you are about to see !! Let's go!

PROLOGUE


LEGO set 31125: Fantasy Forest Creatures  was a pretty promising set to me, since it contains many hinges thanks to the owl wings design.  And below is my most recent project made using this set before I used it to build this space cruiser Transformer


ABOUT THIS PROJECT

Well, I once mentioned that I will try to crank out at least one space cruiser Transformer from all the LEGO sets I acquired the past one year or so.  

But the set used for this project,  however... has pretty limited number of ball joints for me to make use of  especially when I aimed to make an articulated robot mode as well .   But I am proud once again to overcome the limitations! 

OH YES! A LIL CONFESSION!

I misplaced 2 original yellow parts from the set above. So in this creation, I substituted them with a dark tan variant of those parts.


SPACE CRUISER: MODE A

This is the primary mode for this Transformer. 


 


 

The length of the nosecone is short and I was kinda disturbed by that, so after some tinkering..... this led me to...

SPACE CRUISER: MODE B

Now with bigger wingspan on the back, giving an impression of being sleeker.


 

 


Conversion from Mode A to B above coincidentally are halfway towards becoming the robot mode. 



ROBOT MODE



With such good physique, buffed up shoulders and all, his robot mode is a head-turner ! Sadly, he can't turn his head around.

  


I was really pleased with how the shoulder articulations turned out, without the help from any ball joints.

  


MORE POSES


 


At one point, I actually hated the wings-turned-knees design. Then they slowly grew on me. Now I think this added a certain uniqueness to the robot mode.


 


BUILDING INSTRUCTIONS

Building Instructions in the form of a video tutorial , is located at the bottom of this page. 

Before you get started, please sort your parts according to the photos below. 

Arms





Left Leg

 


Right Leg

 


Body






VIDEO TUTORIAL


Video not showing? Click here please

Thank you for following my video tutorial! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...