Featured Post

Buy My "LEGO" Transformers designs in Barweer and Amazon.

  I am happy to announce that some of my LEGO Transformers designs have become official products under a few 3rd party building block brands...

Friday, April 5, 2024

Video Tutorial: Transformer Jet fighter Needlenose from LEGO Creator 31124 Super robot

 

As a child, very few G1 Transformers jet planes excited me. Needlenose is one of the luckier ones.

PROLOGUE

G1 Transformers from the 1980s offered many many forms of jets fighters , and half of them have pretty similar transformations , like team seekers for example, where the nosecone ended up as the chest. Me however, used to have a more exquisite taste, demanded a different transformation style.  And G1 Needlenose fitted the bill



ABOUT LEGO SET 31124: SUPER ROBOT

This is a small set , and was released few years ago.. I  was expecting a short run of about 3 Transformers being made using it, assuming nothing much can be done with so little parts offered by this set.

 However.... Recently I discovered that my youtube views related to this set was ranked pretty high. This itself, is a HUGE motivation for me to  make more Transformers using it. (below is the most recent one)



ABOUT THIS PROJECT

As titled, this creation was inspired by Needlenose , a G1 Transformer which I admired it's unique transformation style.  And Needlenose's jet mode was inspired from F-16 XL  (a variant of F-16 Fighting Falcon)



One milestone which will be hard to beat about this project is that the parts utilization for this creation reached 99% ! This means almost 100% of the parts from set was used for this project!

 


 



  

TRANSFORM!








ROBOT MODE

To be honest, I enjoyed building this guy through and  through,  overcoming challenges on how to connect the robot body to the plane fuselage. However,  I did not enjoy posing him for photoshoot due to the huge jet kibble on his back.


For best stability standing straight, I must tilt the legs at an angle shown above.



  


The nosecone can be folded all the way pointing up, but the joints strength simply cannot cope. I'm not sure  whether its just due to only the parts I owned finally weakened (due to constantly being taxed) or it's a common issue in all the LEGO joints.

MORE POSES


His flat feet proved to be a liability when it comes to setting him up for action poses.

 



 

Weird how he fared better standing on one foot compared to using both feet at the same time!

VIDEO TUTORIAL




Thank you for following my video tutorial!  I'll produce more Transformers from set 31124 for sure! Do come back again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...